• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Part Wanted 1980S 30 35 HP CARB

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay. Either that or do what I do, buy a complete parts motor. When a motor can be converted to higher HP by simply changing the carb, those carbs are in big demand. Good luck finding one. BTW many are quite mistaken about a motor only needing the carb. Not familiar with yours, but you may well need more than just a carb.

Ebay. Either that or do what I do, buy a complete parts motor. When a motor can be converted to higher HP by simply changing the carb, those carbs are in big demand. Good luck finding one. BTW many are quite mistaken about a motor only needing the carb. Not familiar with yours, but you may well need more than just a carb.
I have been looking on ebay. I have found a couple just wondering if there was a better deal or price. Also have been scouring the local classifieds for parts or engines. People want to much money. Also I have done all of the research and those are what I need. We'll should say want since the engine runs great as is

One more caution. I'm not familiar with your particular motor, but if your research is all online, it may be wrong. I read a whole lot of wrong stuff about my 9.9, which also can be upgraded with a simple carb change. Here's the kicker though. Only one or two years like this. The rest need more mods. Honestly you'd be smarter to get a bigger motor and sell the little guy. If you are willing to wait though, you'll prob find what you want, but not for cheap. At least not on ebay.

I have a 1981 Evinrude 35hp. I'm not sure if the block is the same as a 20 or 25hp, but the clamp and the lower end is definitely larger.