1982 Polarkraft 1542 RestoMod- Pic heavy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gps4

Reaction score
I’ve got a 1982 40hp mercury that I decided to bring back to life. Problem was, I didn’t have a boat to put it on. So before I dive into rebuilding the motor, I thought I’d better find a boat.

Searched all over Facebook marketplace until I found what I thought would be an inexpensive project hull and trailer. Finally found one an hour away and brought it home $700 for hull, trailer and foot controlled trolling motor-

18.jpg

took everying in the boat out down to the bare hull-

19.jpg

then gave it the once over with aluma-brite alumuinum cleaner-

14.jpg
15.jpg

leak test revealed leaking rivets and lots of pin holes that appears to be caused by corrosion, so i coated the bottom with Coat-It-

13.jpg

While I had th eboat off the trailer, I decided to prime and paint the exterior of the hull and re-work the trailer-

4.jpg
5.jpg6.jpg

then, primed and painted the interior-

16.jpg
17.jpg

Last edited:
hung a yamaha 9.9 on it for the time being whle i'm working on the 40hp, re-installed the hatch lid, made a carpeted bench seat lid, and put in a carpeted floor-

9.jpg
8.jpg

put the trolling motor back on, installed navigation light sockets, and finished her off with two new tires and a couple of millenium marine seats-

11.jpg

ready for the maiden voyage- which was an overall success. the 9.9 leaves a lot to be desired. top speed was 14.5 mph solo, 11.5mph with the spousal unit and 100lb worth of dogs...

1.jpg

we leave friday for a quick trip to NW Arkansas to try it out on the White River.

Looks great! How do you like those seats? Consider getting 2 or 3 for my boat when I get to that point.

Latest posts