1987 Bass Tracker V16 SC Guide Special Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the wood is cut except for the Storage Hatch openings in the bow. I ordered 2 Tempress 1317s. Once they arrive I will cut out the openings. Then all wood will be multi-coated with Resin.
8d5d59fe.jpg

I cut a piece for the transom area.
27dcbc9a.jpg

Here is the under deck storage. I used PVC Board to make the box.
0a88a824.jpg

Here you can slightly see my pencil marks for the hatch cutouts on either of the pedestal base.
a7544fcf.jpg

New vs. Old Transom!
20fd300a.jpg

fender66 said:
Looking sweet!

Thanks! I got the transom sanded today and it fits perfectly. All the wood is pretty much ready for glassing just need a place to do it as I don't feel like filling my house with the lovely aroma of resin.

Jim said:
Very nice man! Coming along excellent! You will have to take me out fishing at least once next year! :D

You've got a deal! This is my first boat though so you will have to show me the ropes!!

shmelty said:
Jim said:
Very nice man! Coming along excellent! You will have to take me out fishing at least once next year! :D

You've got a deal! This is my first boat though so you will have to show me the ropes!!

IF I were you....I'd have him show you the fish. Ropes are easy to find. :roll:

LonLB said:
Slow? That's not slow. :)

I brought my boat home Dec 31st of last year....I'm still not done. :oops:

+1
I'm in the same boat! haha

Since my garage is under my house I can't do the resin work without my house filling up with noxious fumes. Luckily my brother owns a big, heated repair shop with enough extra space for me to do my work!! I will start coating all the wood on Saturday and hope to have it all done in a few weeks!

It's looking great! One thing I'm sure I'll be wishing for on my Tracker is all the extra storage you've got. As to the resin fumes, my garage is under our living room, and I had no issue whatever with fumes from the epoxy resin. I even coated a few pieces and brought them upstairs so they would cure faster with no complaints from the family. Now when I did a few pieces in the garage with a black spray can, that's a whole other story...

I will say that the temperature of your garage is MUCH more important. It took me about 2-3 days per coat for the resin to cure because I was working in 45-50 deg temps. If you can keep it above 60, the resin will kick much faster.

Good luck and keep at it!

very nice work, looks like you know what you're doing there, sure you haven't done this before ????? =D>

Great work! It is something of pride and enjoyment! Great idea with the hatches. They look clean and will be priceless for storage.

Have you considered glassed floors with non skid finish in lieu of carpet? I was thinking carpet too....then thought Nautolux(sp) vinyl......and now leaning towards glassing floor with a non-skid finish. There are pics of a boat here on TB that were glassed; they look great. I just think it will last longer and be easier to clean compared to the other two options. Just food for thought.

Keep up the great work and I appreciate the report and pics.

Here comes the questions!!!!!
I have a 1986 Bass Tracker Guide Series V-16 Tiller
I'm looking for the specs on it???
person capacity, max weight for persons, total max weight for persons & gear, weight of the boat

And does anyone know about how fast a 25hp motor would push that boat?????

I'm all most ready for a motor, so I'm trying to make the best choice I can for the money we have to spend.

I am looking at a similar boat. Any suggestions what to look for? Are there any hidden issues I should inspect? Thanks. Matt Coventry, RI

matt t said:
I am looking at a similar boat. Any suggestions what to look for? Are there any hidden issues I should inspect? Thanks. Matt Coventry, RI

Floor rot and Transom rot are 2 of the main offenders. One thing you won't be able to see is the condition of the foam under the floors. Lots of older Tracker owners have found that the foam was soaked with water and added tons of weight and no flotation to the boat. This would have to be removed and replaced. I was lucky and my foam is fine. The aerator and bilge hoses in my boat were rotted/cracked so I would also check those.

Like he said I have ab 85 tracker v-16 and transom gets bad(from all three of the trackers I've seen like mine the wood in them seemed to pit the aluminum a little.). I love my tracker and there older boats are built fairly well. I was lucky to not have poured foam in it. They just used layers of cut foam besides the poured in ones by the back where the corners are at the transom and the seats. Only wood that really rotted on mine was the small floor piece that slide under the storage compartment next to the main floor wood. All in all they are def nice riding boats.