1997 15 hp mariner regular model

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Redmond

Reaction score
Got this motor a few days ago,got some kind of fuel problem, runs fine without the gas hose conected to the gas tank,runs without the hose for a while till it runs out of gas,runs with the hose conected to the engine,but the moment I plug it into the gas tank it floods itself out,,,,,,??? any Ideas.. Mike

Is the gas tank one of the new epa approved ones with no vent on it? If so slowly unscew filler cap to see if vapors have built up pressure in tank.

Cap completely unscrewed,this problem completely baffles me will have to check with some of the repair shops in my area,,,

I'm sure you checked but make sure its not a fuel pump problem by continuing to squeeze primer bulb when you have it hooked to tank. Are you positive its flooding and not starving for fuel?

Local mecanic friend of mine opened up the carburator,the float was full of gas,,,,gotta go to the dealer tomorrow to get my hands on one....hoping to have that motor running soon to go fishing..

Latest posts