25hp tiller or 25hp remote

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mErcMaN1o9

Reaction score
I have a 2009 lowe a1467. The boat is rated for a 15 tiller and 25 remote. I have a 9.9 on it right now. I want to upgrade to a 25 but i want to get a 25 in tiller not remote what are the diffrences is there anything thats bad that could happen from doing this?

With a tiller steer you will have more deck space simply because you don't have to mount the remote controls for it. That to me is the reason I would never have anything besides tiller steer.

Other than that, I think it may be just the convience of having the remote steering up front or wherever you put it when you are ready to move... no biggie to me - I vote tiller steer.

Remote steer puts you and the controls weight forward which helps keep the transom from sinking on take off with 25HP.That's why the higher rating.You can go with a 25 tiller just keep your batteries in the center or in the bow to offset the weight difference.

HP rating is the main reason I dropped that hull from my boats to buy list.
However, when I talked to our local dealer, they said that the hull can certainly handle a 25 ( and the older hulls were rated for 25) but for some reason Lowe changed the rating.
That said, can anything bad happen? Probably not unless you have an accident & then the issue of liability and insurance of over-powering will be raised.

Ya the boat im pretty sure can handle a 25 with ease. But i just want other peoples opion. Plus the hull has a lifetime warranty.

If you put a 25 tiller on it and anything happens to the hull they won't cover it, saying you have it over powered for tiller steering. Happened to my friend. Go with a 20 tiller and you are OK.

Will if you have a 20hp tiller wouldent still be overpowered for tiller cause tiller hp rating is 15.