3/22/09 -- My New Personal Best!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilinimud

Reaction score
So i went fishing for like an hour and a half, just wanting to get out of the house for a while. I have some old gravel pits by my house, and i know they hold some big bass. They have been there for years with very minimal fishing pressure.

So i went to one of the bigger pitts, and in the back it has a little creek, but it is deep. So i started to throw a firetiger Spro Aruka Shad. I caught some small ones, but at the very back of the creek, i seen some lunkers hitting topwater. So i fought my way through the woods, and down a steep hill and got back there. I had on a green pumpkin white belly Rage Tail Toad (im sorry DennyB i couldnt finds the frogs you sent in my bag!) And i brought the Aruka Shad too. I started throwing the Rage Tail, and little bass were going crazy trying to get it, litterally like 10 would dive for it. Then i finally landed this fat one.

I kept thowing and landed another nice one.

Then after a while something caem after it and i missed, but it took the legs to my frog with it

I only brought i frog :oops: So i threw the Spro Aruka Shad on my new Carrot Stix (i had been throwing the frog on my Mojo Bass :wink: ) and on the forst cast i landed a small guy, but on the second cast with it, i hooked up with a Gorrilla. I babied her in so i wouldnt break off, but this is by far my peronal best. 6 lbs 2 oz is what my cheapo Berkley scale said. I wish it was bigger!!

Fun day though!

Attachments

• sunday5.jpg
    sunday5.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 199
  • sunday4.jpg
    sunday4.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 190
  • sunday3.jpg
    sunday3.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 188
  • sunday2.jpg
    sunday2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 380
  • sunday1.jpg
    sunday1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 190
Well, i dont know how to get the pics to show up in the middle of the post, so they are listed in order they were caught at the end. The pics go in the same order as the story. LoL

Nice fish.

I would have figured that it was a little early for topwater yet but, evidently not. :lol: I wonder what the water temperature is in that pit? It's only 54* on the lakes here.

Quackrstackr said:
Nice fish.

I would have figured that it was a little early for topwater yet but, evidently not. :lol: I wonder what the water temperature is in that pit? It's only 54* on the lakes here.

Was fishing an early bird tournament a couple years ago(APR.),ice just out, nobody was catching anything.Tied on an 1/8 ounce buzz bait went to the sunny side of the lake threw it right on shore and caught a limit of small sm bass.I only tried it because nothing else was working....I always try it now:)

Nice catching there ilinimud bet you will go to them ponds more often.

way to go man... you better believe they are going to be tearing that bait up in a few more weeks even more... by the way, that color you are using is the only one in my box for frogs (shhhh :-$ )

Thanks guys, i appreciate the compliments! That was a rush!! Now my dad got jealous and motivated, we are getting ready to go out there now, but i have my JD Baits frog this time. I hope they are still up on top.

This pond is pretty deep, and has a sand bottom, i think the temp was around 58, but some of the really shallow pond i have been to have been up to 59.....im talking like 12 foot max depth.

Nice job on the new PB top water in march and not in the south WAY TO GO!!!!

those gravel Pitts n southern Ill are awesome.. I can wait until June when i get to come out and play..
I am gonna gaurentee at least 3 fish in the 5lb class on jd baits while out there...

Wayne

Latest posts