3 big major brands with great deal.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you read the fine print you are paying for those two years. You have to have it serviced by a certified mercury dealer and use genuine mercury parts and oils. You also have to follow the manufacturers service suggestions and intervals for the warranty to apply. No follow guidleines, no warranty. They make that money back on the parts for service, etc.

I work for a heavy equipment dealer and trust me it is the same everywhere. If you don't follow their specified maintenance schedule they will not cover things that may fail under warranty. They run on a budget too and will not stick their necks out too often to help people out, right or wrong, if they can get out of it they will.

irishfan said:
If you read the fine print you are paying for those two years. You have to have it serviced by a certified mercury dealer and use genuine mercury parts and oils. You also have to follow the manufacturers service suggestions and intervals for the warranty to apply. No follow guidleines, no warranty. They make that money back on the parts for service, etc.

I have read these claims before on other boards and are usually posted by dealers. NO Manufacturer can deny warranty is their oils are not used as long as the oil used carries the API cert. the manufacturer recommends. If they require their oil, it must be furnished FREE! So, if I decide to use Amsoil 2 stroke 100:1 oil as pre-mix, it carries the proper API and will not void the warranty.

tb

Sorry boater, I forgot that 2 cycle oil is tcw3. Your also correct in that Amsoil is a good product to use in 2 strokes and does not smoke. Amsoil has been around since the early to mid 70's and to my knowledge they have never bought a motor because of an oil related failure.

tb

My buddy used to be an AMS Oil Rep. I used to run that stuff exclusively in all my 2-strokes, my snowmobile, quad, dirtbike, outboard's. One time though I was pouring in a quart of Ams Oil into the snowmobile when I noticed some milky white crap!!! I had to wait for 6 months to get answers and my own good friend was an employee!!! This was about 4 years ago, my buddy no longer works for them, and needless to say I've never even considered their oil since. Other than my personal agenda with them, before that I never had a complaint, and yes always low smoke.

I have used some of their 2 stroke oils, plus 10w30, 20w50 (harley), greases, chain oil and have never had that problem. I would think a call to tech support would have taken care of that.

tb

retiredff said:
I have used some of their 2 stroke oils, plus 10w30, 20w50 (harley), greases, chain oil and have never had that problem. I would think a call to tech support would have taken care of that.

tb

I beleive I even said my buddy was a Rep............ Calling tech support got me nowhere!!! In the end after 6 months, they finally reimburst me the money for a new oil container and sending unit. The milky crap ended up being some hardening agent that reacted with air!!! good thing I didn't just run it through eh?

Latest posts