5-26 to 5-30, 2009 Bucks Co,. PA

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Fished on Tues, May 26, 2009 in the cold and rain. It was nasty out. We started at Lake Towhee were we each missed a few bass on frogs. I did manage to nail a crappie - not that big. This one is for Tom!

may_27_001.jpg

As it got dark we moved to another nearby lake and caught a bunch of smaller bass on topwater until well after 10 pm. Nothing notable size wise, but bass in the total dark smashing topwater baits is always fun

On Friday, may 29, 2009 Jake and myself had a plan. We agreed to fish a smaller pond until it got dark, then move to a big lake for channel cats. We each caught a few decent LM Bass and then filled a bucket with 'gills to use as catfish bait.

Here is a nicer bass on my new swimbaits that I just poured that day:

may27-1.JPG

Jake managed a nice channel in the 8-10lb range. Big nasty male with battle scars. He has the pic but I will post it up later. Only a few runs and only one cat. Fished until 11:30 pm

Sat, May 30, 2009

Fished in the AM with Mr. Fish at a few smaller ponds in Chester and Mont. Co. We managed a bunch of dinks so not photos. We switched over to the Schuylkill River but found the water high, fast and stained. We each manged a dinky smallmouth

After Dinner I got a hold of Jake and again, I had a plan. The plan was to catch a decent bass or tow! Convinced Jake to try a farm pond that I know has nice fish. It also has lots and lots of ticks!

Jake actually pulled his socks out over his pants as a retardo anti-tick measure. Despite his poor appearance he managed a few nice bass:

21"
may_27_004.jpg

Here is a few shots of Jake and his anti-tick pants
may_27_003.jpg

Jake takes to the water to avoid, yes you guessed it, TICKS!
may_27_005.jpg

Another bass - we should start Jake-Stock, 2009!

may_27_006.jpg

I managed a few nice bass in the 2-3 lb range and then got slammed by this fatty, guessed at weight is over 6lbs :

may_27_007.jpg

may_27_008.jpg

Oh yeah all of the big bass came on JD Baits Fatboys. You want big fish, throw a big FatBoy

Those fish are some nice ones. Looks like u made out better in the afternoon then the morning.

Nice fish both Dave and Jake

Man those are some nice bass.
Do your ticks go away after it gets real hot down there?
After it gets hot up here,they disappear.
Did I see alittle smile?

I'll get the cat pic up as soon as my photobucket starts working again. Sure was a fun night with those bass. Of course Dave was lucky enough to have the same bait I was using, cause he **** sure was not getting the hot bait from me. He also would not have been able to cast any other bait as far as he needed to hit that lunker. I was pretty jealous of that hog, but I guess I had to be happy with mine, it was a half in longer :p His fish was either not spawned out yet, or was spawned out and had been eating pretty good for a while. I saw no bass beds, and the water has been in the 60's since late march, so who knows :?

Captain Ahab said:
the ticks stay arouond this place 12 months a year. I found tick in January
Weird...they more or less disappear in July,maybe the odd one.

Nice haul Capn'.

So now are we going to have another name change thread? And will Sue be one of the choices?... LOL

I really need to get me some of those "fatboys." (baits AND fish.) LOL
:beer: