'93 25HP J25RETS Intake Silencer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tucker99

Reaction score
I've checked several parts listing and cannot find one for this motor. Dang thing seems louder than the 225hp Yams on the Grady. Is there any way of quieting the intake noise on this thing?

Aside from the noise. I'm concerned about some dirt, (engine cowling foam, etc) making it's way into the carb throat. I've had dirty carb issues before and don't want a repeat of that. I was considering using some rigid screen from an old MAPS sensor, and cutting it to fit over the carb. Use existing screw holes to hold it on. Will this make the intake noise loader? Is this a real concern or am I getting anal?

You can probably retrofit parts from a model that did have the silencer. Check and make sure your carb has the threaded holes available and go from there.
If your foam is that bad it may be time to pull it off and replace with a sound deadening material. I do believe there have been a few threads on it in here to help.

Latest posts