a trip to my old stomping grounds: Flamino

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdan

Reaction score
I havnt been on the forums much since returning to school and with my new job (Captain at TOW BOAT US CAPECORAL), and feel like Ive had even less time to fish. FOr my daughters birthday, we threw her a party back in miami (my old stomping grounds) and of coarse it wouldnt be a worthwhile trip without some fishing.

Called up my buddy An and made the arrangements to fish. I was up at 415, and at his house headed towards Flamingo by 515. Was greeted with very few mosquitos at the ramp (a rarity in the the mangrove estuary that Flamingo is). and pulled off just at sunrise.

started the day trying to secure a couple ladyfish for cutbait later on. however they didnt get the memo to be ready for us... We uickly made our way onto the "secret" flat and An poled us all over looking for some waking or tailing reds. The fish were lethargic and scattered and we really had to work for our fish, but I ended up with 4 and AN with 2.

Scooted around trying to find the sea trout and was successful in numbers however not in size. Enjoyed a great day on the water and miss the serenity of a weekday fishing trip.

Waiting on pics from my bud, but heres one of our dinner catch:

flamingoreds.jpg

-Dan