After 12 years, I've finally moved on

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fishing partner loves my boat...but it gets real hot for him on a sunny day. Looking at ideas for some kind of flooring mat that I don't have to glue down, but also heavy enough not to fly out of the boat when driving.
I have a Lowe Big Jon I bought new in 1986 but walking around the open floor of the boat has always been a challenge. A couple of seasons ago I bought heavy rubber mats from Tractor Supply Company; the kind you put down for horse stalls or cattle. I cut pink extruded foam insulation and installed between the ribs and floor runners. Then I cut and laid down pieces of the rubber mats to create a (mostly) level floor surface. I went to a paint store used by professional painters and told the owner what I was doing. He went right to a gallon of paint that was made to paint rubber mats and similar outdoor materials. I painted the floor mats (both sides) plus a piece of marine plywood to replace the rotted transom. The mats and transom still look perfect even though the boat is stored outdoors. Good luck with your project!

I bought a cattle mat a couple months ago from farm supply store and then glued carpet tiles to it. Very heavy. Only bought one because of that. You think the dog would ever use it? He lies the front or the bow...no 8nbetween...lol

Well, I usually leave my boat up north in a garage, but I want to take advantage of early spring walleye fishing on the river here on ice-out ....so I had a custom boat cover made for the Tracker Grizzly. So far, happy with it. Price was a bit extreme, but oh well...it fits over my trolling motor.
Uses ratchet straps to snug up along the gunnel.
1000001869.jpg

I had the camo all weld g-3 . I really liked that boat and it ran great in shallows. My 94 alumacraft deluxe is way more comfortable in the summer. I decked it out with latest electronics. I do like the sides on a boat as I get older and the plush seats.

Your new ride is a dandy and know you will enjoy it for years.

I had the camo all weld g-3 . I really liked that boat and it ran great in shallows. My 94 alumacraft deluxe is way more comfortable in the summer. I decked it out with latest electronics. I do like the sides on a boat as I get older and the plush seats.

Your new ride is a dandy and know you will enjoy it for years.
Yeah....because of it's overall width, it runs shallow....but god forbid you get it grounded or hung up....it's a tank to move off.
I once ran up on a dead head just under the surface at an almost idle.....I was in 8' of water and couldn't push off....had to gun it in reverse with the tiller all the way over and spun it off like a top..... Late november...no one on the lake...thought I'd have to swim to shore with the dog....lol.