aluminum brackets?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cntryislandboy

Reaction score
i must say you guys have done some awsome jobs on these boats. i was just wondering when you guys make the frames for the decking i see these silver or aluminum looking things i am assuming they are brackets of some sort, and guessing you can get them at lowes. since i am no Tim"the tooll man" Taylor what these are called. i am also guess they hold the frame together alot better and stronger than just screwing the pieces together. any comments would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

those are Simpson Strong Ties and you can find them at Lowe's or Home Depot. They are back near the lumber section in both stores.

they are stronger than just screwing the pieces of wood together too

thanks i'll defiantly look into some of those, i don't plane on adding alot because of weight issuses but will use them for the little big i will be doing

they won't add weight.. you can have 20-30 of them on there and you might get an extra 1-2 pounds

I am getting ready to redo my boat, I am gonna make all my cross members from flat sheet, Ill be welding everything in place now tho..

Bugpac said:
I am getting ready to redo my boat, I am gonna make all my cross members from flat sheet, Ill be welding everything in place now tho..

did you get a TIG welder??

Latest posts