Any new aluminum polish/protectants out there?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semojetman

Reaction score
I am about to polish my Blazer SS and i was just curious if there were any new techniques, polishes, or sealants out.

I was just gonna knock it down a little with some 1500, 2000, then 3000 trizact and then buff it with some 3M perfect it compound.

Then prolly seal it with some shark skin, hide, or whatever it is.

i used an acid wash then a buffer and sticks of polish just like over the road truckers do with aluminum fuel tanks

https://s1127.beta.photobucket.com/user/scubapro820/library/Boat?#/user/scubapro820/library/Boat?&_suid=135638085191308410045627641484

My advise is to call Dallas Tanner there in PB and talk to him or better yet! Let him do it !!!! He knows what hes doing, he has done several and he also has shark hide. He polished my Southfork a couple years ago and it still looks good. I can promise you, IF you have never polished a boat ? You have no Idea what your getting into !!!!!!! I have polished one boat, and I WONT polish another one !!!!

I have polished a couple boats, but this is the first brand new one, and i want it to be perfect.
I have seen alot of Dallas's work, and it looks pretty good, but im a little more of a perfectionist.

I am an automotive painter by proffesion, so i am very familiar with buffing, just not aluminum.

I also am a cheap ***, so if i can do it for free, ill do it.