Baitcaster for tiny crankbaits???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pont

Reaction score
I'm currently in the market to replace my Team diawa 103hva wich is by far the best small crank thrower I have used. When I say small cranks, I'm talkin approximatly 1/5 oz. My team diawa is dying! Anyway, I was considering the "new" diawa advantage. Just wondering what everyone else suggests?

Thanks
Pont

I done a little research on your reel and here is a website with some detailed specs on it.
Myself,I like just about all of Diawas reels and i'm sure this one would be good if you got the $ for it.https://www.tackletour.com/index.html

most people would recommend either a Diawa Pixy or a Chronarch MG 50, personally I can't throw small (tiny) cranks with a b-caster.

Nickk said:
most people would recommend either a Diawa Pixy or a Chronarch MG 50, personally I can't throw small (tiny) cranks with a b-caster.

Pixy is a nice reel..i just sold mine. If you want to go that route, the daiwa sol baitcaster is good.

Also for cheap you can get a shimano scorpion. Another great reel for finesse techniques.

I'm throwing stuff that small with my pflueger. It's an echelon...it was a rod/reel combo for about $100 at Gander Mtn.

JON

Attachments

• pflueger2.jpg
    pflueger2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,050
I have a revo STX and love it. Anyone want to test it and borrow it, I will send it to you to try for a few weeks. As long as you promise to send it back. :D

I also have a revo stx, and love it. I plan to buy another soon. While I typically throw larger stuff with it, I can also throw light stuff with ease, as long as it is pair with a whippy rod. I do not know your price range, but you may want to check out the revo premier, from what I understand they are more of a finnese baitcaster, but of course they are more $$$ than the stx eventhough it has less bearings and wimpier drag :shock: but it sure is light and nice looking.

My Curado can toss fairly light baits well, as long as you're not talking under 1/8 :shock: . Thumbing the spool with hardly any tension and a rod that flexes a lot helps me out.

I agree! The Revos will handle light cranks. My 'light crank' rig is a STX (6.4:1) on a Fenwick HMG 6'6" medium (GT66M) with 10# Trilene XL. It will easily throw 1/4 oz baits, and I've thrown lighter on occassion.

I think once you get used to any baitcaster you will be able to throw 1/8 ounce lures with only the occasonal backlash.