Batteries, batteries.. batteries :(

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatkidhugo

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying I hate doing electrical work, from potlights in my home to wiring up my tinnie.

OK. So I have 2 batteries that I got when I bought my boat.. I believe that one is from bps and one is from walmart.. both about the same size as a average car battery. I know that they are both working so I will be dedicating one to my trolling motor.

First question, how would I find out which battery is better for my minkota 40lb thrust? By better, I mean which would last longer.

I have a Dual MXR42 radio with 2 6.5" speakers that I plan on installing, I know it's 12volt. I also have 2 fish finders. One is a Humminbird PiranhaMax 160 and the other a Garmin Echo 150.

Second question, What kind of lightweight battery should I be looking for to run the radio and both fish finders? I dont want to add the second 50 pound battery in my boat if I dont need to. A bilge pump will also be connected to this battery, but used only for emergencies ect.

Cheers :mrgreen:

Question about your first question.....

Are either batteries deep cells? If so, that's going to work better on your troller (assuming only one is)

Latest posts