battery for only running fish finder?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpijan

Reaction score
I just bought a 12 foot jon boat and it came with a fish finder, and also a trolling motor actually however I don't intend on using the trolling motor. I just need a battery to power my hummingbird fish finder. Can anybody make a recommendation of something that is affordable, and also the charger I would need to charge this battery?

unless it won't really save me much money over buying a battery that could power my trolling motor and fish finder; in that case I'd choose a battery that could do both. My trolling motor is a 27 lb thrust and I have a 1232 boat. It's usually about 400 pounds inside the boat if it matters.

i use this litttle batt. cost me about 25 bucks.its 7 a/hrs and is an agm used for security/fire alarm applications. its good for about 8 hrs to power my humminbird 597 hd di which really sucks power.talk to your local battery dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_0002_0460.jpg
    IMG_0002_0460.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,096
My local home depot carries those batteries in the security lighting area. They also have a 7 AH size. They are $28 & $33 respectively.

they're an absorbed glass mat maintenance free sealed battery, 12 volt charger. I just picked up a 15 a/hr that's roughly twice the size for $40.

Question - does a trolling motor cause interference on the display of a fish finder when they are connected to the same battery? I've always run my sonar on a small 7amp battery with a deep cycle battery for the trolling motor with no problems.

Latest posts