Bench Seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duderay

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I have an older 14ft Rhyan Craft Jon boat. When I got the boat a few years ago, it had been in a barn for years. It has two benches and there is a foam underneath the benches. I am always getting tons of little styrofoam pieces all over my boat from mice getting under the benches. I was wondering how I could fix this. I was thinking of flipping the boat upside down and filling it with Great Stuff (expanding foam in a can). Any ideas?

One of the best fixes ive seen on here -assuming you are keeping the benches- is to cut pool noodles to length and fill the benches. Those things have a lot of bouyancy to them!

You could remove the old and use foam insulation board (blue or pink) in layers to replace or you could buy the stuff that is two parts that expands. Both of those are closed cell foams which is important to ward off water absorption and the weight that comes with it. The two part stuff you will probably have to order and of course with shipping it could get pricey. The pink and blue stuff can be bought at Lowes or Home Depot for a couple dollars a sheet. The pool noodles could definitely work, but finding enough to fill it up might cause an issue. If you have Dollar General's around you I saw today their summer stuff is on sale and their pool noodles were 75 cents each.
Chris