Bimini Top

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't spend half the time on the water that I do in Florida without a Bimini top! The trick is taking the time to mount it in such a way that it’s convenient to operate the boat with it up or down. I like the idea of mounting it on a sliding rail, but probably not necessary on my little 12” StarCraft.IMG_6744.jpegIMG_7214.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought mine from Amazon for I think around $125. Going on two years, still in great shape. But I always keep the boot on when down, and a boat cover when sitting on the trailer.

And...my bimini is on a sliding rail so it can move fore and aft which greatly increases it shade ability when the sun moves across the sky ! Most are to talk to give real shade. I cut mine down to just barely clear my head standing which gives better shade when sitting.
I like the rail idea !!! Who makes that ? And does the rail work for all makes ??

I like the rail idea !!! Who makes that ? And does the rail work for all makes ??
Look it up on youtube, they come in different lengths depending on how far you need to slide the top. Makes your top much mire versatile. Amazon has many to choose from, not that expensive.

I've had both, Bimini AND T tops, I much prefer a Bimini since it doesn't permanently alter my height requirement. Personally I feel the Bimini offers more shade and rain protection due to being "shorter" than a T top.
But that's just ME......
Yeah I'm not a fan of the ttop being so permanent. I have seen ones that fold down but they are 2-3x a normal one and look like a pain. We go under way to many low trees while on the water for me to ever have one anyway not to mention while trailering the back roads of WV.

Hey, yer boat is floating away!! :ROFLMAO:
It looks that way, and that’s what all the nearby campers thought too! lol. But it’s actually on an anchor loop that allows the boat to be pulled into shore to load/unload, and then out for mooring. If you look closely, you can see there is a continuous line from the bow, down to an anchor ring, back to one point on shore, over to another point on shore and then back out to the stern of the boat - allowing for the boat to be drawn in or out as desired.

It looks that way, and that’s what all the nearby campers thought too! lol. But it’s actually on an anchor loop that allows the boat to be pulled into shore to load/unload, and then out for mooring. If you look closely, you can see there is a continuous line from the bow, down to an anchor ring, back to one point on shore, over to another point on shore and then back out to the stern of the boat - allowing for the boat to be drawn in or out as desired.
Ahh yes. I see it now! lol

Latest posts