Brisket - NFL Game Day smoke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeeaaaahhhhhhhhh! Let the games begin!

What a way to kick off the football season than with a Smoked Brisket!

The Players.........
DSC_0001.jpg

The special guest...........
DSC_0002.jpg

The Weber recipe for Brisket right from the book Weber's Way to Grill: The Step-by-Step Guide to Expert Grilling :LOL2:
DSC_0003.jpg

Naked and trimmed.......
DSC_0004.jpg

Coming together...........
DSC_0005.jpg

I am going to follow the directions in the book. The plan is to smoke for 4-5 hours. Once the internal temp reaches 165 I am going to remove it and double foil it and return it to the smoker. I am then going to check it hourly until it reaches 190. I will then pull it off and let it sit for 1-2 hours.

I am going to cut it cross grain and pour the juices it makes in the foil over it. :D

And the final Product........
DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Again, not bad for my first Brisket. I will not follow the weber book and cook it in the disposable foil pan next time.

Good luck.

Brisket is tough. If you can make a good brisket, you've got the whole smoker thing licked.

Quackrstackr said:
Good luck.

Brisket is tough. If you can make a good brisket, you've got the whole smoker thing licked.

I know, that is why no guests today. Worst case scenario is that I feed it to the wife and kids. :mrgreen:

Jim has either foundered himself by eating that entire brisket or drank himself into oblivion while watching football before he could post some pics of the finished product. :beer: :roflmao:

Quackrstackr said:
Jim has either foundered himself by eating that entire brisket or drank himself into oblivion while watching football before he could post some pics of the finished product. :beer: :roflmao:

I had to eat the whole Brisket to tell if I liked it. I then went into a food induced coma. :LOL2:

I took pictures of the finished Brisket and my newbie smoke ring. I will get those pictures up tonight. I know what I am not going to do next time....

I will not cook the brisket in a disposable aluminum foil pan, I will do it right on the grate, and then foil it after it reaches 160-165. By cooking it in the pan the juices stayed in the pan so I did not get that crisp bark I always see in the pictures.

It was good none the less, but I must try and try and try again till I perfect it.............. :LOL2:

Next up......Bacon explosion fattie. :shock: