Broke my St. Croix Legend Elite - - Change rods???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
I could just cry! Yesterday i managed to snap my St. Croix Legend Elite light duty fresh water rod. This rod is the pride of my collection - and now this is the 3rd time I broke it!

It does have a lifetime warranty so I will, once again, send it back to St. Croix for replacement.

I am thinking about trading it for another St. Croix rod - looking at the Legend Tournament Bass rods, anyone have any experience with those?

Here is the link: https://www.stcroixrods.com/product/legend-tournament-bass

This would be a step down from the Legend elite but might serve my purposes better

Jim said:
And to think, My son almost broke it..................

3 times? :shock:

Well this is the 3rd rod - they replaced the last 2

It kinda sucks because they changed the reel seat since i purchased the 1st one

BassAddict said:

I think the only picture you would get is of Dave crying. I think his recent saltwater rod and reel combo purchase has lessened the blow of breaking this rod for the third time :D

Wow, That sucks man! However regarding the Legend Tournament, I couldn't imagine there being a HUGE difference between the two could there? Especially as far as durability? Is there something you just like better about the Tournament?

Bubba said:
Wow, That sucks man! However regarding the Legend Tournament, I couldn't imagine there being a HUGE difference between the two could there? Especially as far as durability? Is there something you just like better about the Tournament?

It is more geared toward bass fishing from a boat - and $100.00 less!