Buffalo Chicken Dip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I "borrowed" this word for word from another Local to me fishing site. We tried the recipe and it was awesome.

INGREDIENTS
• 2 Lbs of Boneless, Skinless chicken
• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing (but not both)
• 3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks® Red Hot®
• 1 lb bag of shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 Big Bag of Tostitos Scoops
• 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces

1. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, HALF THE BAG OF CHEESE , 1 cup of either the blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing, 3/4 cup of hot sauce and if you like 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Let all of this soften while you do step two.

2. In a skillet, cook chicken till completely done. Shred, chop or food process (this is best) until chicken is in small pieces. Dont go crazy with the food processor! Just hit the button a few times till it's shredded.
pre-heat your oven to 425.

3. When the chicken is done, put it in the bowl and mix it all together with a hand mixer or if you don't have one hand mix it until its all the same color and the cream cheese isnt in lumps.

4. Place contents into a casserole dish and top it off with the last half of the bag of cheddar. Place in oven and cook until the contents in dish are bubbling (usually takes 30-40 minutes).

Serve hot with celery and Tostitos scoops!

This dip is awesome for BBQ's or any party! Just watch the kids eating it if you put the cayenne pepper in to make it hotter.

The only thing I did different is I let the cream cheese soften to room temperature (I just assumed this when working with cream cheese).

I also used 1 cup of the Franks hot sauce. Next time I will use 1.25 to 1.5 cups. I like it a little hot.

I have made this a few times now. It is totally awesome! I cheated the last time I made it though. I bought the perdue chicken that is already cooked and I used that lol. Just saved a step and I also added more Franks then it called for.

That's gotten to be a staple at functions where my wife or her friends attend. One of them will always make it.

It's good stuff.

My wife came home with this a couple of months ago. Good stuff being the weirdo I am I decided to make a meal out of it. Get it warm and them put it in a warm flour tortilla with some extra cheese, bingo! Instant Buffalo Chicken Burrito! Good stuff.