Campbellville Resovoir

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cali27

Reaction score
Local resovoir with my wife.
We were there for 4 hours and managed 5 LM.
Air temp was 80, water temp was low 70's.
Water was super clear,

heres some pics

just before we launched
kellybass003.jpg

first bass of the day, pulled out of the reeds
kellybass005.jpg

second little guy of the day
kellybass010.jpg

here is my wifes catch, she wont touch em if there bloody....lol
kellybass011.jpg

cant even get the hook out.... too small
kellybass018.jpg

best one of the day.
kellybass021.jpg

all and all, a great day and awesome company!

BaitCaster said:
Nice fishin'. Where is that reservoir? I'm gonna have to check it out.

401 west to Guelph Line. Then go south into Campbellville. We call it the reservoir, the area is really called Mounstberg Conservation. That just doesnt sound like a body of water!

cali27 said:
BaitCaster said:

401 west to Guelph Line. Then go south into Campbellville. We call it the reservoir, the area is really called Mounstberg Conservation. That just doesnt sound like a body of water!

Hey Ryan, I went up there yesterday wth my little girl to check it out (sorry, no pics). It's very "fishy" looking. Some pretty heavy cover. I bet there are some monsters lurking under all thet hydrilla. Some heavy flipping jigs presented vertically in the slop should snag some good ones! Thanks for tipping me on to this one!

Cheers,
BC

BaitCaster said:
cali27 said:
BaitCaster said:

Hey Ryan, I went up there yesterday wth my little girl to check it out (sorry, no pics). It's very "fishy" looking. Some pretty heavy cover. I bet there are some monsters lurking under all thet hydrilla. Some heavy flipping jigs presented vertically in the slop should snag some good ones! Thanks for tipping me on to this one!

Cheers,
BC

Ya the hydrilla is crazy there right now. I have heard of people cathcing a 5lb in there, ive never seen one that big. Biggest ive got out of there was 3lb 14oz. The action is always great there though, ive been going there for a few years now. I through a frog or pitch a mud bug type bait all day. Let me know if you fish there and how you did.

On a side note I am thinking of organizing a fun little tourney out of there one day in the summer. If your interested ill let you know when it will be.

Nice fish =D> Looks like things may tend to get a little slippery at that ramp :shock:

Ya the hydrilla is crazy there right now. I have heard of people cathcing a 5lb in there, ive never seen one that big. Biggest ive got out of there was 3lb 14oz. The action is always great there though, ive been going there for a few years now. I through a frog or pitch a mud bug type bait all day. Let me know if you fish there and how you did.

On a side note I am thinking of organizing a fun little tourney out of there one day in the summer. If your interested ill let you know when it will be.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I am definitely in for the tournament. let me know when!

Cheers,
BC

Ictalurus said:
Nice fish =D> Looks like things may tend to get a little slippery at that ramp :shock:

Yep, shallow too. Definitely got to get your feet wet when launching. Some good looking cover and structure on this lake though, and less than an hour from my house. I plan to hit it a few times this summer.

got out today for 3 hours. Got 3 bass, biggest was about 2.5lbs. Very windy though, I could not really fish where I wanted to.

If im not mistaking I think I saw Baitcasters' nice wheels and trailer at the launch. If so how did you do for your first time on this new body of water.

cali27 said:
got out today for 3 hours. Got 3 bass, biggest was about 2.5lbs. Very windy though, I could not really fish where I wanted to.

If im not mistaking I think I saw Baitcasters' nice wheels and trailer at the launch. If so how did you do for your first time on this new body of water.

Yeah, got out there with the wife for a few hours on my "G20 day". Too bad I didn't see you out there! Would have been nice to meet you in person. Just got one small bass, but a beautiful day - had to stay out of the wind though.

Latest posts