Cross Lake: finally got a nice bass! (THanks Poolie!)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breachless

Reaction score
Went out this evening with my little brother and caught quite a few nice ones. Here is one of the nicer ones:

28939_1243886232292_1683462652_449731_3873874_n.jpg

She was about 18.5 inches (didn't have a scale but I would guess a 3.5 or 4 pounder). Caught on a frog, as were all the others. I had a MONSTER on too, but it dragged me into the thick stuff and I just couldn't horse it out of there :(

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks to Poolie! I caught this fish on the 4th cast ever on that baitcaster reel you so graciously sent me. Obviously, it works great! Still have a long way to go (getting a birds nest every 10 casts or so), but I am getting the hang of it slowly but surely. Thanks again!

poolie said:
That is one nice catch dude!!! What kind of rod did you hang that reel on?

Thanks! Right now its sitting on a Quantum (I forget the model) that my brother let me use... I have been holding off on buying a rod because I THINK I am getting a Mojo Bass for Fathers Day. *fingers crossed*

breachless said:
poolie said:
That is one nice catch dude!!! What kind of rod did you hang that reel on?

Thanks! Right now its sitting on a Quantum (I forget the model) that my brother let me use... I have been holding off on buying a rod because I THINK I am getting a Mojo Bass for Fathers Day. *fingers crossed*

I like my Mojo a lot... it's actually one of the few rods that I haven't (and won't) replaced with Kistler rods.