Dad's old "Treasure Chest"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Mom gave me my late father's treasure chest. That's what he used to call it, never a tackle box.

A picture of “The Treasure Chest”

The_Treasure_Chest.jpg

Open up and behold the lost treasure.

Behold_the_lost_treasure.jpg

A_closer_look.jpg

A couple of Mud Puppy’s and a Scatback. The box the Mud Puppy’s were in was priced at $2.30, no doubt pricey back in the day. Inside the Scatback box was an article from the Chicago American, dated Sunday May 29, 1955 by Art Swanson, touting Lakes Mary and Elizabeth in Twin Lakes, Wis. The top Mud Puppy has some serious teeth marks on it.

Mud_Puppys_and_Scatback.jpg

Some old wooden lures.
Wooden_plugs.jpg

More wooden guys, some of these have some serious hooking ability.

Some_serious_sticking_power.jpg

Not even sure if this is an actual lure and is so, what (or who) is it designed to catch. It caught my dad that’s for sure.

Not_sure_what_or_who_this_is_supposed_to_catch.jpg

Down in the bottom was an old Shakespeare Norris 2115 spinning reel. It seems to work pretty good too.

Shakspeare_Norris_2115.jpg

Disregard the copyright stuff on the pictures. They are mine and they just got that put on there when I posted them on the other site that shall remain nameless (unless you read the copyright stamp) :lol:

theres no joke in that box. thats a beautiful old treasure chest you got there. hold on to it with pride. some of them old wooden lures are probably worth a nice chunk of change but i wouldnt sell . i bet theres some fish stories burried in the bottom of that box. great post, thanks for sharing.

the top one in the 6th pic is a nice one a creek chub im pretty sure. ive seen them go for good prices also. :wink: im pretty sure thats what it is a creek chub jointed pike.

Awesome post!! Nothin' like going back in time and pondering on all the stories and great times your father must have had with all those beauties in that "Treasure chest" :wink:

A buddy of mine offered this advice. Put the lures back in the treasure chest and take it out once in a while to reminisce about the god old days with dad and then tuck them a way again. Add a couple of my favorites to the collection to pass it down to my kids. Unfortunately my kids would either sell them or use them and lose them

Latest posts