Deep Cycle Battery

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0331grunt

Reaction score
I fish alot of the reservoirs which allow electric motors only. Looking for a good battery which will give me lots of run time. I have a 14ft V-Hull with a 55lb thrust motor.

On a 12 volt TM I use two 6 volt Trojan batteries made for industrial equipment.I wire them to put out 12 volts.I have never had them die using them 4 to 5 hours at a time.

"When replacing trolling motor batteries you need to know that a 12 volt system requires a minimum of 1.1 to 1.2 amps per pound of thrust. A 24 volt system requires .85 to .95 amps per pound of thrust. And a 36 volt system requires .5 to .55 amps per pound of thrust."

Taken from:
https://www.fishin.com/articles/RickMcferrin/trollingbatteries.htm

ST

SlimeTime said:
"When replacing trolling motor batteries you need to know that a 12 volt system requires a minimum of 1.1 to 1.2 amps per pound of thrust. A 24 volt system requires .85 to .95 amps per pound of thrust. And a 36 volt system requires .5 to .55 amps per pound of thrust."

Taken from:
https://www.fishin.com/articles/RickMcferrin/trollingbatteries.htm

ST

Good info.I didn't know the numbers exactly.

What you need in a deep cycle is the highest amp hour rating.The highest amp hour rating you can afford will give you the longest run time.That's why I use Trojan Industrial.I have connections so two 6 volt batteries, with a 680 amp hour rating each,runs me $325.I get a 5 year warranty,that covers replacement.If you work in a place that uses forklifts,electric pallet jacks,floor cleaning equipment,golf carts,anything electrically powered,you can talk to the guy that services that equipment.Usually they can get them for you at a good discount.They may have other brands that are cheaper.

The info I posted above is just slightly higher than what the manual says that came with the new TM. It says 1 amp @12V & .75 amp @ 24V.

ST

Latest posts