Double Double Digits-My New PB

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hengstthomas said:
How much did the 28" weigh ?
Just trying to get an idea of weights since I dont carry a scale and I release all LMB .

There's a nice little Bass Calculator here, you just need length and girth.

https://www.jdbaits.com/

Man, I gotta move south. You make me sick, I have been getting skunked almost everytime I go out. I know there are double digit LM in PA, but catching them is another story. That pond is awesome, keep releasing them and you will only be catching even bigger fish.

Congrats on the new PB! It looks like your little brother is well on his way to some monsters :beer:

FishinsMyLife said:
hengstthomas said:
I'm starting to think ponds just can't produce BIG bass anywhere with just bass and bream stocked in them (like most of the ponds I fish around here). An abundance of a soft-finned forage species (shiners here, trout where they can survive) will help in growing big bass without a doubt.
Shiners , Mill Roach and Trout .. Where you have them the Bass are big without a doubt . Sometimes with other ponds without these the rate of LMB to panfish has to be just right in order for them to grow well .. I've read something like 4 panfish to every LMB .

Congrats man, those are some awesome fish. Gotta love fishing in the south. Really gotta love the small well managed private ponds too. Thats mostly what I fish, but I ain't caught nothin close to those hawgs. Good deal, bro!