Earl's 1436 Tracker Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished wiring last night. My dear departed father was a master electrician, and I'm sure he was looking down on me and shaking his head. But I think I did okay. Progress has been slowed to a crawl with temps in the 20's the last several nights. My garage is not heated, and to those of you in northern climates, I'll go ahead and say it for you: Yes, I am a puss. My hatch covers are all cut and treated. Now need only to carpet them and attach hinges.

I noticed an stamp on my plywood last night that said "Warning: this product may produce wood dust, which has been shown to possibly cause cancer in the state of California" or something close to that.
Thank goodness I'm working in Texas!

Attachments

• P1010938.JPG
    P1010938.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 2,247
  • P1010939.JPG
    P1010939.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 2,247
  • P1010940.JPG
    P1010940.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 2,247
  • P1010943.JPG
    P1010943.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 2,247
Flat Bottom said:
where did you get your fuse box?

That's from Bass Pro. It was about $23.

Here's a link (it looks a little different from mine online)
https://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops®-Rocker-Switch-Panels/product/861/-503572

Finished the wiring, trolling motor mount and hatch covers this weekend. Only thing left is to carpet two flooring pieces and I'm done (for the time being!). I was thinking about it this weekend and came up with the following tin boats postulate: The amount of time spent on your build is roughly equivalent to one tenth of time it will take for dropped screws and washers to resurface.

Attachments

• P1010959.JPG
    P1010959.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 2,103
  • P1010962.JPG
    P1010962.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 2,103
  • P1010963.JPG
    P1010963.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,103
  • P1010964.JPG
    P1010964.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 2,103
  • P1010966.JPG
    P1010966.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 2,103
  • P1010967.JPG
    P1010967.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 2,103
Looks nice< everything seems in reach. You are to top it off with some LED lights from our sponsor BlueWater. That look killer

FYI, BlueWater is no longer a sponsor; however, that's not to say they should be any less of a consideration. I ordered a package from them last week, and I'm looking forward to seeing them on my rig.

FishingBuds said:
Looks nice< everything seems in reach. You are to top it off with some LED lights from our sponsor BlueWater. That look killer

Thanks bud. I forgot to photo it, but I did put an led utility light under the front of the rear bench. It's a strip that's about 1" x 7" an it fit perfectly in the space. I got it from Academy, and if wanted, you can snap several of them together for a longer strip.

Done! Final Photos coming when the weather allows me to take the boat out. The strange thing is that now that I'm finished, I'm feeling an odd mix of accomplishment and sadness. My wife said it was postpartum depression. If I were to do this again, I would definitely not start in late December because I've now got a boat that I won't be able to really enjoy for another couple of months. To fill the void, I spent part of last night making a trailer catwalk. By the time Spring arrives, I may have added the onboard grill, satellite dish, reclining seats and sunscreen dispenser.

Thanks again to everyone for their ideas, comments and encouragement.

Attachments

• P1010972.JPG
    P1010972.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,255
  • P1010970.JPG
    P1010970.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,255
  • P1010971.JPG
    P1010971.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 1,255
"I noticed an stamp on my plywood last night that said "Warning: this product may produce wood dust, which has been shown to possibly cause cancer in the state of California" or something close to that.
Thank goodness I'm working in Texas!"

I just read your thread, and I wanted to say, great job!
Also, that was a pretty good observation on the plywood stamp. I got a good laugh out of what you said. Thank God California has so many enlightened and wise people looking out for them. Probably why they,re so broke. Gotta pay those brilliant minds for taking care of them.
Sorry, I know, no politics. I just couldn't help it. Thanks for the laugh, even if I mighta hurt a rib. Again, your boat looks awesome.

Great lookin Boat! I have the same one and I cant wait till the summer ( Michigan ). All the work you did looks very clean and professional =D> , also I know Im a little late on this but I have a carpeted floor in my 1436 and it doesnt budge while on the trailer, its not secured to anything just a little snug. It makes it easier for me to clean out the boat with the water hose.

A bit of a step backwards when I read today on another post warning against using galvanized brackets in contact with aluminum. Thankfully there are only four places where that occurs in my build and I have not drilled or screwed them into place yet. Just made another trip to HD to remedy that situation, which makes approximately 28 trips and counting.[/quote]

just wondering what kind or brackets you ended up using?

just wondering what kind or brackets you ended up using?

Josh,

I made some out of aluminum angle bolted together, then bolted to the floor brace and wood support. It's not really weight bearing, but is mainly to keep anything from shifting. Sorry for the poor quality of the picture of this.

Attachments

• P1010927.JPG
    P1010927.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,597
catfishjoe said:
Great lookin Boat! I have the same one and I cant wait till the summer ( Michigan ). All the work you did looks very clean and professional =D> , also I know Im a little late on this but I have a carpeted floor in my 1436 and it doesnt budge while on the trailer, its not secured to anything just a little snug. It makes it easier for me to clean out the boat with the water hose.

Thanks Joe. After I carpeted and put the floor piece in place, I figured out that there was not going to be any problem. In fact it's so snug that I may have trouble lifting it out without some sort of handle on it.

Final (for the time being!) pics. Took her out on Saturday, did not get a bite, but sure enjoyed
a day on the water, in T-shirts in late January no less.

Attachments

• P1010974.JPG
    P1010974.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,572
  • P1010976.JPG
    P1010976.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 1,572
  • P1010977.JPG
    P1010977.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,572
davehopper8 said:
Nice job I am working on a topper 15 right now. What size outboard are you running and how did she do on the water.

Sorry for the slow reply davehopper. I have an older ('65) 6 hp Johnson. It pushes the boat okay, but I'd like to put a 10hp on it if I can find a decent used one.

The new boat is working out nicely. Loving spring time in Texas, as the crappie are finding me in droves.

Attachments

• 3-26crappie.jpg
    3-26crappie.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,486

Latest posts