Endura Max trolling motors

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Taylor

Reaction score
Have the MK Endura Max trolling motors been reliable? I'm thinking of getting a 40 lb. model.

Do they really give up to 5 times more running time?

Are there any negatives about them?

Thanks.

I have a 40lb Endura Max on my 1542 Tracker with 2 people and fishing gear it moves us around with no trouble. I use my Merc 9.9 for main propulsion and use the trolling motor for short moves, shallow water use etc. I have it wired to a NAPA deep cycle battery and have never come close to running out of power. In short I am very happy with the motor and would recommend it to anyone.

The internal circuitry is built so that it does give better battery life. The older motors would use almost the same amount of amperage at 1st speed as highest speed. Many newer motors have changed that. I've run mine almost 8 hours straight varying speeds on a single Optima red top that is 13 years old. Could not believe that the motor would run that long on a charge!

Hopefully the reply is not too late. I use a 55lb Endura Max on my Nucanoe kayak. I had a 30lb. Minn kota C2 (I think...it's the $99 with the short shaft @ Bass Pro) and it didn't have the power I was looking for. So...I gave the 55lb a Endura Max a try and I love it! I use the same exact set up as I did with the 30lb and I get a lot of extra time on the water because of it. I can get a good 7-8 hours of fishing on one battery without ever having to lift my paddle....so it's pretty much constant use.

I wound up buying an Endura Max 40 lb. thrust. It works very well. I had a 55 lb. on my boat, but I didn't want to deal with one that heavy.