Experience on a Quantum Energy PTi-A Spinning?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need your help.

There is this fishing store near me and they are selling the Quantum Energy PTi-A spinning reel for $110. I was wondering what is your opinions on the reel before I buy it.

I have the Energy PTi E30PTi the older model and its amazing.

Any feedback is great!

Thanks!

energyeh7.png

I have a Kinetic 10 and a Catalyst PTi 20 and both have been excellent. I'd say get it if you like the finish, it's going to be a step up from the Catalyst and that reel is sweet.

Nickk said:
I have a Kinetic 10 and a Catalyst PTi 20 and both have been excellent. I'd say get it if you like the finish, it's going to be a step up from the Catalyst and that reel is sweet.
I am looking at the 20 size for Steelhead. I have the 30 PTi for Salmon/Steelhead.

Captain Ahab said:
I never liked Zebco (that is who makes Quantums)

I also had a really bad experience with a Quantum reel - https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3187&hilit=quantum

Ya I remember reading it too. But so far I have never had a problems with service. I remember having a problem with my Accurist PT with the spool rim and I had it replaced no questions. Probably different representatives for Canada.

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund said:
Waterwings said:
I own two Catalyst. The '05 model is a CT40Pti, and the '06 model is a CT40Pti-A. No problems whatsoever! 8)
Really... looks like I am leaning more towards buying the Energy. How is the LMS line management?

No problems so far. I like the titanium bails, and they do open further than other reels I've seen/used, and works great. I have a Shimano Sahara 2500FB, which is a good reel, but wish the bail opened as wide as the Quantum does. I still have the boxes the Catalysts came in and just looked at them. Something I noticed looking at the description of the reels on the boxes:
2005 CT40Pti: TiMAG II
2006 CT40PTiA: TiMAG III
There is a slight difference in the design (between the II and the III) of the bails at the roller, and I actually like the '05 design better.

Waterwings said:
Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund said:
Waterwings said:
I own two Catalyst. The '05 model is a CT40Pti, and the '06 model is a CT40Pti-A. No problems whatsoever! 8)
Really... looks like I am leaning more towards buying the Energy. How is the LMS line management?

No problems so far. I like the titanium bails, and they do open further than other reels I've seen/used, and works great. I have a Shimano Sahara 2500FB, which is a good reel, but wish the bail opened as wide as the Quantum does. I still have the boxes the Catalysts came in and just looked at them. Something I noticed looking at the description of the reels on the boxes:
2005 CT40Pti: TiMAG II
2006 CT40PTiA: TiMAG III
There is a slight difference in the design (between the II and the III) of the bails at the roller, and I actually like the '05 design better.
I have the 2005 E30PTi with the TiMAG II as well. But my main concern was the line roller part (LMS - Line Management System) and how it works for you. But from what I hear they work great for you. The 2nd Generation Energy PTi-A were priced at $168 now I can get it for $109.94.

This is a pic of my Energy PTi E30PTi.

2008093011551400012mi9.jpg

I have two Quantum Kinetics (a KT20PTi and a KT10PTi) and love them both. I noticed somewhere that the Kinetics are rated for salt water, too, where some of the upper level reels are not. I have used Quantum spinning reels for years and have never had a problem with any of them.

Latest posts