Extended outboard storage

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2sac

Reaction score
I've got a 60's era 15hp Evinrude. I bought it a couple years ago and still have not bought a boat for it. The motor was professionally refurbished(whatever that means) and used for 3 months prior to me purchasing it. I fogged it when I put it away and changed the gear lube. It's stored in an unconditioned garage. Yet another year has gone by without running the motor. Just wondering if there is anything else I could/should do to it.

Best thing to do would be to let me have it. =P~

If the carb has been cleaned of fuel and you fogged the cylinders it should, in theory, be good to go.

you may want to ensure that the lower is also void of water and topped off with oil.

Sounds good for now. Replace the water pump impeller before putting it back in service.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=326233#p326233 said:
SumDumGuy » 53 minutes ago[/url]"]Best thing to do would be to let me have it. =P~

If the carb has been cleaned of fuel and you fogged the cylinders it should, in theory, be good to go.

you may want to ensure that the lower is also void of water and topped off with oil.
Maybe for the right price :lol: I originally went to buy the boat and motor and decided the 12' v hull was too small, but I bought the motor off the guy. I was lazily looking for a 14' jon to put it on, that I could throw in the back of my truck. Ended up getting hurt at work last year and throwing a boat around is not in my future. I'll have to get a trailer and don't have room in the garage for that right now. I already pay to store my Lund and I really don't feel like dropping $60 month to store another boat. Depending on how things go next year, I'll either sell the motor or pull the trigger on a jon.

When the time comes, put some fresh gas, good oil, new plugs in and give it a rip!
I'd bet you'll be alright.
Leave every thing alone if it's working OK. Don't fix anything till you know it needs fixing.