Finally got back on the water

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attwanl

Reaction score
Hi
Finally got my boat back on the water.... I took it this winter and worked it over, due to events beyond my control I didn't get to work on it much. So it has taken me until now to get it back on the water
It had some water creeping around some rivets, so I rebuked them all. Then cleaned it up and repainted the outside with 2 part epoxy paint. I did the inside with just rustolem oil base( didn't have enough epoxy). Got some seats too.
I all so worked on the trailer too, new bunk boards and brackets, new brace across the back and little work here and there on it.
I did some work for trade on a nissan 9.8hp 4-stroke, but it is a long shaft, so I made a quickie jack plate. It is only temporary. Before you guys start busting on me on my jacked up jack plate.....haha.......just to see if it was going to work, maybe a little excited about getting a new motor too. I was a little worried about the extra weight of the 4-stroke.
But it worked out great and I'm happy with the way it ran, no leaks too.
I will make a better jake plate now off the designs I got from here.
All in all a good day. Just thought I'd share it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 473
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 473
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 473
Congrats on getting back on the water. Glad to see ya worked something out with the outboard too although from the pictures that looks like more than just a 5 inch jack plate, it looks like at least 10 inches which would mean it is a extra long shaft. My understanding is short 15" - long 20" - extra long 25".

Tim

It is actually a 6" rise on the transom..... I know the picture looks like it's way up there. The serial numbers say 20" shaft. But to get the cavitation plate level with the bottom, I had to make the transom 22". I measured from the cavitation plate to where it hangs on the boat.

Does any one know how far can one go down before losing efficiency?