First Bass in the "new" tin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driftingrz

Reaction score
Ive been out fishing a few times since i got the boat and have caught some bluegill and catfish but finally landed the first bass.. 3 all in about 5 minutes. good day IMO. this is the Chattahoochie River for anyone that cares.... my options were spend money on carpet and finish boat and not fish for another week because of work and weather... or go fishin and finish boat later ;).. so i guess ill be finishin it later haha.

sittin Purty

2012-05-20_17-05-54_494.jpg

ive caught many bass and bluegill on this lil crankbait.. originally a fire tiger color.. but its so old it faded and turned white... i ended up dipping it in some garlic stuff and it went back yellow... glad i didnt toss it out :)

2012-05-20_15-54-54_943.jpg

2012-05-20_16-10-54_301.jpg

2012-05-20_16-08-55_972.jpg

im actually fishin the Upper Hooch launching in Lula Georgia.. north of Lake Lanier. and this far up north the water is about 5feet lower than it was this time last year.. some remote places i use to take the canoe to avoid pleasure boaters is now just Grass haha.. and it was about 6ft deep in that area last summer

Gotcha, judging by the pics it looked like the River was about a foot low where you are.

They sucked the bottom out of my section of river, 4 feet low easy.

Fishing was tough with a capital "T".

chattahoochee said:
Gotcha, judging by the pics it looked like the River was about a foot low where you are.

They sucked the bottom out of my section of river, 4 feet low easy.

Fishing was tough with a capital "T".

yea the fishing has been tough on the river.. even catching bluegill and other small fish arent as easy as it was last year.. you could cast anywhere and that bobber wouldnt stay above water long enough to turn around.. now its time to try for some catfish

Man what you talkin bout. We had caught one stripe that would go 8 or 9 a few spots and a few white bass. What makes it worse was we had a 50 gallon bait tank full of lively Threadfins.

chattahoochee said:
Man what you talkin bout. We had caught one stripe that would go 8 or 9 a few spots and a few white bass. What makes it worse was we had a 50 gallon bait tank full of lively Threadfins.

ive never caught a stripe spot or white bass haha.. this year im gonna go after as many species as possible here in georgia

Your last pic looks like a spotted bass (spot) to me.

Good luck to you, have a few 1/4 chrome/blue Rat-L-Traps (the real thing) and some 1/8 or a little larger RoosterTails in white/chrome and if the white bass or stripes are actively feeding, they will bite.

its possible? i cant distinguish between them very well.. only way i know is if theres a patch on tongue.. and there wasnt