First big Rock hit.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewie

Reaction score
Well my new boat is not so new anymore, at least underneath anyways. River went down 4-5 inches and I paid the price. Decided to try the river and it kicked my A--. Good news is the boat didnt get a hole. Never hit a rock that hard and can say I don't really want to do it again! On the way back through the skinny my buddy was driving and had to beach it to avoid hitting another rock. To skinny of water for my rig to go through that day. Learned the limits of my boat and a good lesson.

Attachments

• boat 008.jpg
    boat 008.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,087
  • boat 009.jpg
    boat 009.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,087
  • boat 006.jpg
    boat 006.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 1,087
I try to not run at speed through the nasties, it's just not worth the damage. Bumping random rocks at idle while coming downstream in the dark is bad enough...

I smacked a rock last week with the foot. Luckily it just barely hit and only left some minor scrapes on the foot. I had to run back over the same spot to get back down river. Trimmed up coming back through and I didn't hit. Floating down river wasn't an option and running full speed not knowing if ur gonna smack the foot is not a good feeling.