fish finder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianlt21

Reaction score
Im looking also for a new fish finder mine I think is going bad all I want it for basically is depth so I don't smash my motor off anything that would not be good. Also no color screen and under $120..

If you're not in a hurry for one, keep an eye on eBay... I just got a Humminbird 727 for $99 (brand new), but there was no transducer. Then I was able to get the transducer I wanted (trolling motor mounted) that didn't come standard.

I'll keep an eye out on ebay, and shoot a link on here if I find anything.

I've been looking around different websites at each companies different models in the price range you are looking for.

If it were me, I would personally wait and keep saving money - If you've got $120 now, save an extra 40 per month, then in 3 months you'd have $250 and could get a better unit... save another 3 months and you'd have closer to $400 saved and could get an awesome unit. I'm not sure how you fish during the cooler months, but I fish year round.

Anyways, for the $120 range, I'd go for the Eagle Cuda 242. It's got the best resolution for units in that range, a 4" screen, 200. I've fished with a budy who has one, and I was actually able to see the arches (fish) easily as well as the bottom composition.

Here's one I found on ebay for $89 with Free Shipping: Eagle Cuda 242

AFTER I LOOKED IN THIS GUYS STORE, I FOUND THIS:
Lowrance X50 DS for $125 free shipping. I don't think I'd have a choice but to get this one.. heck, I would have bought it if I hadn't found the one I got

I've got a Cuda in my boat. Its getting yanked out ASAP or I'm going to buy a separate battery for it. I have horrible problems with interference...no matter how I run the wiring. :x I currently run a TM and my 20 gal. bait tank with it (KeepAlive aerator). Also, no matter how the transducer is positioned, I can't get good arches. :? Maybe others have had better luck, but thought I'd chime in with my experiences.

I may try running it off of a lawnmower or electric fence battery while I save for a new Lowrance. I'm looking at this one, and it's not too far away from your price range.
https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/...1_73372_200001001_200000000_200001000_200-1-1

edit: Nevermind, I missed the part about only being concerned with depth.

I picked up a $99 Eagle at W Mart many years ago. Still doin thhe job today. Id like to have a better unit but its not high on the list right now

Latest posts