Friday at Perry

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Last Friday, I decided at the last minute to take the day off and go fishing. I wanted/needed a day to get away by myself. Me, God, my boat and Mother Nature and hopefully some fish. Ended up heading south about an hour and 1/2 from home and I wasn't expecting much with the lake I chose, but still thought I'd catch at least something. (Last time I was there was a year ago and caught nothing..but I have caught fish from this water). I was disappointed right away as to how green the water was, and the moss was everywhere from 3-10 feet from the banks. There goes most hope of fishing cranks....so I tied on my favorite shaky head, a GET FIVE Dinero. Within 15 minutes, I landed a 14 inch spot (this water doesn't have many LM...most are spots/black bass).Perry 1.jpg

A little while later, I managed another on the same GET FIVE Dinero. This was my first time fishing this color (Shizzad) and I loved it. Both fish, and several others ranging in the 6-14 inch range all came on this same worm. Perry_2.jpg

Sometime near mid day, the bite literally stopped, but I didn't I kept trying different worms and plastics and every once in a while I'd get a little nibble, but I'm sure it was little pan fish. Around 2:30 or so I managed to find a little clearer and deeper water and started throwing a sexy shad 6-8 foot diver in 3-10 foot water. Only took a few casts and had another 14 inch and then the bass quit biting again. Ended up landing about 5 or 6 bluegill and a couple crappie off that same crank though so I wasn't totally bored.

On my final pass through some trees that were standing in 4-12 foot of water, I was hit by this one on a black/blue jig. As soon as he hit, I knew it was a good fish...especially for this lake. My scale was battery dead so I can only guess this to be around 3 1/2 to maybe 4 lb. It measured in around 18+ inches.Pretty darn good for a spot bass in this lake!Perry 3_4lb06242011lr.jpg

More casts with my crank snagged another 14 inch and I had to call it a day.Perry 14in06242011lr.jpg

What a GREAT day it was!

If that's Perry Co Lake, then you're only about 30 mintues from me. I've never been there, but I know guys who do quite well. I tend to stick to the same 4 or five bodies of water.

Great catchin'.

Daniel My Brother said:
If that's Perry Co Lake, then you're only about 30 mintues from me. I've never been there, but I know guys who do quite well. I tend to stick to the same 4 or five bodies of water.

Great catchin'.

That's the one. Actually there's 2 in that area. This is the MO Conservation Lake. The other is a private subdivision lake I believe. Never been to that one. We should hook up sometime.

fender66 said:
Daniel My Brother said:

Great catchin'.

That's the one. Actually there's 2 in that area. This is the MO Conservation Lake. The other is a private subdivision lake I believe. Never been to that one. We should hook up sometime.

Only if you bring extra get five dineros. :LOL2: