from junk to fishing machine (in progress)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxraddict

Reaction score
I picked up this 14' jon for $450 bucks with the trailer and minn kota trolling motor 8) . I've already started modding it.

pos.jpg

As you can see, see is looking rough. My goal with this boat is to turn it into a river/creek skinny water fishing machine.

I started with the trailer, got it sandblasted and painted. This weekend I'll install bunk/running boards new lights and wire electrical system.
trailer.jpg

The boat had some 1970's looking cheap green carpet that made me want to puke just looking at it. I couldn't stand it anymore so I've already replaced the carpet on most of the boat, I have the step up to the cast net deck and transom board left. I ripped the old junky seats out, because I need room for a bait tank and room to run to rods while I am fishing. I'll sit on a cooler or something movable.

carpet.jpg

This weekend I loaded her up to take her to a garage where I'll start sanding/painting/leak repair. I am choosing a near charcoal color. Here it is on the way to get painted.
off.jpg

And here is something close to how I plan on it to look:
future.jpg

do u know what brand and width it is? i have a similar looking boat but mine is from the late 60's and i dont have a clue of the brand. mines a 1432... good looking start!

arkansasnative said:
do u know what brand and width it is? i have a similar looking boat but mine is from the late 60's and i dont have a clue of the brand. mines a 1432... good looking start!

no I am not sure, but it is 4.5 ft wide.

I finished painting the outside of the boat today, tomorrow the inside needs to be done.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 602

Latest posts