G3 1656 CCJ ((New Lights & Neodymium 3/16/17 ))

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took her out for the first 3 hours of the 10 hour break in. In the 3rd hour the manual says you can run WOT, but for no more than 5 minutes at a time.

Bare boat. Two guys both on the other side of 200LBS, 1 cranking battery, 11-12 gallons of gas.....on the GPS, she touched 28 with the wind at her back. About 26.5 - 27.5mph is what she consistently ran WOT in smooth to light chop. Not a speed demon....I would like to touch 30 by myself, but fast enough for me. Out the hole, she jumps up on step double quick! That really surprised me. I guess that forward helm really makes a difference.

Handling is dramatically different from a prop at low speeds. I think I'm going to have an interesting experience the first time I load in current. But you can also spin the boat on its center when at idle and very very low throttle. I like that.

A little over 3 hours of run time The first hour running in 6mph range, the second hour probably 20 minutes of 1/2 throttle and the third hour probably 15 - 20 minutes of WOT. The gas needle might have moved a hair...might have.

Step 1. Mount the fish finder. Had the dealer mount it for me on a RAM.

Attachments

• 2013-03-02_17-41-07_146.jpg
    2013-03-02_17-41-07_146.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,183
  • 2013-03-02_17-41-24_134.jpg
    2013-03-02_17-41-24_134.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,183
Got the trolling motor mounted yesterday. Most of you bassing guys will probably wonder why I choose the location and angle that I did. It's all about bowfishing my friends!

Took 2 hours to finally land on the location...about 15 minutes to drill the holes and mount it.

Motorguide Varimax 24V 75LBS TM installed. Still need to replace the factory terminal rings with a plug.
2013-03-03_16-44-29_672.jpg
2013-03-03_16-44-45_934.jpg
2013-03-03_16-45-03_952.jpg

definitely a nice boat but it may be a little underpowered with a 60/40. price is relative and if your happy with the deal thats all that matters but in the price range you paid it should've had a 90/65. at any rate a G3 is a nice rig and it should be alot of fun.

RedfireSVT said:
definitely a nice boat but it may be a little underpowered with a 60/40. price is relative and if your happy with the deal thats all that matters but in the price range you paid it should've had a 90/65. at any rate a G3 is a nice rig and it should be alot of fun.

Only rated for a 60hp. I'm only worried about going skinny, not worried about going fast. ;-) Price is competitive with national listings.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
RedfireSVT said:

Only rated for a 60hp. I'm only worried about going skinny, not worried about going fast. ;-) Price is competitive with national listings.

yea for running shallow that's enough power, just a pain if you have to do any long distance running. anything under 30mph is slow but for maneuvering that is as fast as you would want to go. if all you do is run shallow for reasonable distances you will be happy with the performance. what dealers ask and what they sell for are two different things but again, all that matters is how you feel about it and it sounds like you are happy and at the end of the day that is what makes a good deal. :beer:

hoosier78 said:
Very nice rig. Speed is so overated for 98% of us "regular" fishermen. I love bowfishing too, its a blast.

when you run rivers, speed is everything, i run long distances so it matters. if you put in and can see the spot you are headed to then it may be overrated. 98%? [-X not trying to start a pissing match but i'm a "regular" fisherman and an underpowered boat drives me nuts.

RedfireSVT said:
hoosier78 said:
Very nice rig. Speed is so overated for 98% of us "regular" fishermen. I love bowfishing too, its a blast.

when you run rivers, speed is everything, i run long distances so it matters. if you put in and can see the spot you are headed to then it may be overrated. 98%? [-X not trying to start a pissing match but i'm a "regular" fisherman and an underpowered boat drives me nuts.
How long is your average run? Because the time you are going to save by going from 30 to 35mph on a 10 mile run is really not a lot of time at all.

RedfireSVT said:
hoosier78 said:

I like to run fast too but the biggest problem with an underpowered boat is that you can get in trouble fast in nasty weather i.e. rough conditions or a strong following sea. I don’t think that’s really going to be an issue with this setup or the way it going to be fished.

The other thing is, it’s an economics issue, yeh if money was never an issue I’m sure we would all have the newest top of the line boats and motors but hey it’s not. Bottom line this is an awesome set up and it’s going to work great. Maybe not the fastest boat on the river but who cares.

I had a under power problem I had a 9.9 nissan It was slow as heel so I sold It and bought a 25 hp yamaha . Where I fish theres only a 10-hp limit so I put a" 9.9 conversion kit on it" :---) lmao plenty of power now :mrgreen:

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Having the fastest jon boat is like being the tallest midget! No offense to little people.
i know what you're saying and that is kinda funny. =D> i have a big boat if i need to impress people and i couldn't care less what anyone thinks about my jon boat, it's function over form when it comes to my river boat.

btw you've got some great pictures in your project thread. :beer:

walleyejoe said:
I had a under power problem I had a 9.9 nissan It was slow as heel so I sold It and bought a 25 hp yamaha . Where I fish theres only a 10-hp limit so I put a" 9.9 conversion kit on it" :---) lmao plenty of power now :mrgreen:

:LOL2: hey I’m putting one of those conversion kits on my 115, it going to make an 80 HP

Dude, those are awesome. Not sure if you mentioned earlier, but are the rod holders off your 1448 or did you have new ones fabricated?