Google Chrome Browser

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flounderhead59 said:
Now, I'm really corn-fused... I went to restart my computer. The screen said to use the turn off computer to install updates instead of using the restart computer. So I used the turn off. After it installed updates it shut itself off. After that I turned it back on and when it got done loading all the startup programs, IE7 works like it did before I had any problems. Things are back to the way they were. I didn't do nuthin' ??? Sure, computers make our lives easier but they sure can be frustrating too.

Your problem might have been related to the September updates/patches from MS screwing things up before everything got installed. Although, I've never run into an update that you had to shut down rather than restart to complete the installation. Do you run the ZoneAlarm firewall ?? There were some issues last month with a patch from MS causing it to block internet access. ZA issued a patch to fix that one.

My work computer always shuts down after an update, my home computer normally just restarts. I always figured that it was something in the configuration settings.

I honestlyam surprised that a business large enough to have an it department would use IE instead of firefox. Even the school I worked for used firefox because it is more secure than IE.

It's a global company.

I am sure that it has to do with software licensing, legal issues and whatnot. We are prohibited from loading any software without the consent of global IT. Freeware, especially.

A lot of "free" software is only free so long at it is used at home.