Got one

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natetrack

Reaction score
I got my first deer of the year this weekend. Walking through some willow brush in an ice storm he stuck his head up and i got him at about 50 yards. He had about a 1/2 inch spike, but counted as a doe, so hopefully i'll get a buck this weekend. Sorry no pics, wasn't anything to impressive :D . I thought about taking one after he was in the freezer.

natetrack said:
I got my first deer of the year this weekend. Walking through some willow brush in an ice storm he stuck his head up and i got him at about 50 yards. He had about a 1/2 inch spike, but counted as a doe, so hopefully i'll get a buck this weekend. Sorry no pics, wasn't anything to impressive :D . I thought about taking one after he was in the freezer.

Not too many people can shoot one walking thru 8) what ya shoot him with?

FishingBuds said:
natetrack said:

Not too many people can shoot one walking thru 8) what ya shoot him with?

The only way to hunt up here is to walk. We don't have a lot of trees, so the deer usually hide in the cattails, willows, and slough bottoms. You have to walk through, scare them out, and usually shoot them on the run.

I carry a Savage .30-06 with a bushnell scope. I'm usually pretty accurate out to about 400 yds. Anything within a 100 yds is for sure dead. 8)

That is differant.

Of course some down south hunt them with dogs.

Well I haven't seen anything yet except two does that were already leaving the woods as I was pullen up :cry:

FishingBuds said:
That is differant.

Of course some down south hunt them with dogs.

Well I haven't seen anything yet except two does that were already leaving the woods as I was pullen up :cry:
we hunt them with dogs it is hard to shoot them runnin 100 miles an our lol