Help with wiring schematic

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BassMaster06 said:
What size circuit breaker do I need?

2 18w led pods - 4 amp
bow and stern lights - 1 amp if led
12v outlet for phone charger -10 amp if cigar type, 5 amp if USB
small bilge pump - 5 amp

Or how do I determine what size I need based on the equipment I'm using? What happens if I buy one that is to small or two large (Amp wise)?

See above.

For example: 2 18w led = 36 watt. 36w/12 volt = 3 amps. Fuse at 4 amp

Skiffing said:
BassMaster06 said:
What size circuit breaker do I need?

2 18w led pods - 4 amp
bow and stern lights - 1 amp if led
12v outlet for phone charger -10 amp if cigar type, 5 amp if USB
small bilge pump - 5 amp

Or how do I determine what size I need based on the equipment I'm using? What happens if I buy one that is to small or two large (Amp wise)?

See above.

For example: 2 18w led = 36 watt. 36w/12 volt = 3 amps. Fuse at 4 amp

Ok so in order to figure out what amp circuit breaker to use should I just add up all the amps I'll use? 25 amp circuit breaker. ..?

I want a positive and negative wire goin to the the breaker, then to the fuse block, then all my accessories, via a switch panel

...in order to figure out what amp circuit breaker to use should I just add up all the amps I'll use?
Yes, add up all the amps that will run through the breaker.

...I want a positive and negative wire goin to the the breaker...
NO - Positive ONLY to the breaker, and the breaker should be within 6 or 7 inches of the battery.
So, Positive is: battery, breaker, fuse block, switch, accessory.

Negative goes: battery, neg buss bar, switch, accessory...you don't need circuit protection on the negative side.

Putting your fuse block and neg buss right beside each other will help keep your wire runs close to the same length.

RivRunR said:
...in order to figure out what amp circuit breaker to use should I just add up all the amps I'll use?
Yes, add up all the amps that will run through the breaker.

...I want a positive and negative wire goin to the the breaker...
NO - Positive ONLY to the breaker, and the breaker should be within 6 or 7 inches of the battery.
So, Positive is: battery, breaker, fuse block, switch, accessory.

Negative goes: battery, neg buss bar, switch, accessory...you don't need circuit protection on the negative side.

Putting your fuse block and neg buss right beside each other will help keep your wire runs close to the same length.

I appreciate the helpful reply. I bought a blue seas fuse block that has a negative bus on it, so I should be good to go.

Latest posts