HOW DO I TUNE UP MY OLD JOHNSON 6HP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SO*CAL

Reaction score
WHAT DO I DO? WHAT KIND OF OIL? AND WHY IS IT STALLING DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE SPARK PLUG

I am going to quit answering these until you give a model number. This is now the third thread I have asked this on, and it is a rather important piece of information. The oil ratio is different with different years. There are different things to look out for when tuning motors of different years etc.

bassboy1 said:
I am going to quit answering these until you give a model number. This is now the third thread I have asked this on, and it is a rather important piece of information. The oil ratio is different with different years. There are different things to look out for when tuning motors of different years etc.

Good reply BassBoy

So*Cal - just asking random questions over and over does not help you, me or anyone on this forum

You asked the same thing here: https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5841

And again here: https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5847

Each time BassBoy explained that you need to provide a model number to get good info for your engine. Each time you failed to respond.

What gives?

Johnson 2-cycle oil get it at Wal-mart.

Mix your oil 50:1

Sound like carb. half stopped up why you are at wal-mart get you some Seafoam gas treatment put it in you gas DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE IT FOR 2-CYCLE OIL put it in youR gas & and then put in the 2-cycle oil

on the back of the bottle of your 2-cycle oil it will tell you how to mix your oil & gas.

One more thing they tell me if your motor was made before Unleaded gas was made you will have to add lead subitute it comes in a bottle how to mix it i do not know.

HOPE THIS HELPS :D

bassboy1 said:

In that case, check that model number again. My sources have never yet been wrong on motor years, and I know LOTS of people using the same source, so an error would have been fixed by now.

Latest posts