How much is this motor worth?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brine

Reaction score
1987 GAMEFISHER 15HP

I can't find any for sale on the web, and don't know enough about them to know the value.

Here is a vid.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/z-8Q-_7Jids&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/z-8Q-_7Jids&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Thanks,
Brine

I just saw one around here in NYC area cant remember exactly where - I think it was no more than 400. Ill keep checking.

I would probably stay away. From '87 until '96, Gamefisher outboards were made by Force outboards. For those that are unaware, Force is Chrysler, just as Johnson is Evinrude. Y'all know how much I like Chrysler. I wouldn't touch that motor with a 10 foot pole.

Now, that motor may be late enough that it came in the Mercury owned Force years. I see a lot of people trying to sell Force motors under the Mercury Force name, putting a lot of emphasis on the Mercury name. It would be one thing if the Mercury Force's were Mercury motors rebadged to Force, but instead, they were Force motors/designs, that Mercury was getting the profits off of.

Sorry guys...I should have explained.

My Dad owns this motor. It used to push around that my little camo john (that I use today) pretty good. The problem is the lakes I fish have a 10hp limit, so I convinced him that I didn't want it and that he should sell it. Although replacing the 15 decals with a 9.9 decal did cross my mind. :p. I've "heard" of a few folks doing that around here. :lol:

I've still got the 5hp Gamefisher that I use today, as well as a 7.5 Johnson (longshaft) that I have yet to get running. I'm considering selling this 15 and then the 5 to look for a 9.9 to buy with the money. My new rig needs a long shaft motor, so neither of the Gamefishers are an option.

He put a new impeller on this one, (after watching me replace the one on the 5) cleaned the carb, and it seems to be in better than average condition for its age. It had sat for 10 years prior to last week without being started. Now I just want to get a dollar amount of what it's worth and sell it, becuase it won't ever get used on the lake by either of us again.

I thought $500 was fair, but after some of the comments, that may be high.

Any comments are welcomed!

I have no idea what it's worth... but don't forget you live in ATL which is full of stupid people and someone will pay whatever price you put on it just because they have the money. I would start out at $550, and drop down to $500 to start off. And sell it in AS-IS condition

russ010 said:
I have no idea what it's worth... but don't forget you live in ATL which is full of stupid people and someone will pay whatever price you put on it just because they have the money. I would start out at $550, and drop down to $500 to start off. And sell it in AS-IS condition

That would be about where I would start too.

bassboy1 said:
I would probably stay away. From '87 until '96, Gamefisher outboards were made by Force outboards. For those that are unaware, Force is Chrysler, just as Johnson is Evinrude. Y'all know how much I like Chrysler. I wouldn't touch that motor with a 10 foot pole.

Now, that motor may be late enough that it came in the Mercury owned Force years. I see a lot of people trying to sell Force motors under the Mercury Force name, putting a lot of emphasis on the Mercury name. It would be one thing if the Mercury Force's were Mercury motors rebadged to Force, but instead, they were Force motors/designs, that Mercury was getting the profits off of.

I agree with Bassboy on this.If it runs good and you keep up the maintence it will last a while but when it breaks down its a real pain in the hind end.I would not go more than $500 even if it runs like brand new and the maintence has been done on it.

Thanks Everyone,

One of the tinboat's members has PM'd me about the motor, I am offering it to him at a lower price than I will be asking on one of the local hunting/fishing forums here. After speaking to a few more locals today, it sounds like the motor will should sell here for $500 as is.

I'll let you all know if/when it sells and for how much.

I had the same motor on my boat when I bought it. It was really easy to flood if didn't know how to start it, but other than that it ran good. Anyways I sold it for $500 locally and bought a bigger motor.

Just saw the vid post sounds like a good runner and it looks good.Only problem is parts and their a PITA to repair.Sears online parts department is the best place to go for parts and part numbers.I haven't been able to get in contact with the guy at discount marine in weeks,but if you can get him, he can usually get parts from his mysterious source.

Latest posts