Howdy all, IndyArmyVet here

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndyBassin

Reaction score
I'm huntin for a little "tin" boat to get my kids on the water and off the bank.

I used to fish tournaments quite a bit, but gave it up when the kids started getting out of diapers. Now they are a little older and I want to pass on my love of fishing and the bank fishing just isn't cutting it.

Wonder if you pros think this would make a nice little project boat:

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/boa/711053064.html

I'm on a budget for now, just trying to get a boat and maybe a trailor to start with, and will add-on as time goes by.

We'll mostly be fishing small ponds and maybe a river here and there.

If any of you guys are in Indiana and know where I can get something decent for $500 or so, I'd love to hear from ya.

Welcome aboard! I am down the road a bit(hour and a 1/2) in Jeffersonville. I wouldn't spend 350 for a boat with not trailer and really nothing else. Keep looking one just sold by me w/trailer and 6hp for 600 bucks. I will keep my eyes open for you.

This one comes w/trailer:

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/boa/712358544.html

This one comes with trailer and 6hp:

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/boa/712327863.html

alumacraftjoe said:
This one comes with trailer and 6hp:

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/boa/712327863.html

I saw that right after I posted... might have to "stimulate" the economy when I get my check in a couple of weeks.... that looks like a good starter boat.

alumacraftjoe said:
Welcome aboard! I am down the road a bit(hour and a 1/2) in Jeffersonville. I I will keep my eyes open for you.

I know where Jeffersonville is, I grew up outside of Bedford down on the White River in a small town called Williams. Grew up huntin and fishin all over Martin and Lawrence County. Beautiful country you all have down there.

IndyArmyVet said:
alumacraftjoe said:
Welcome aboard! I am down the road a bit(hour and a 1/2) in Jeffersonville. I I will keep my eyes open for you.

I know where Jeffersonville is, I grew up outside of Bedford down on the White River in a small town called Williams. Grew up huntin and fishin all over Martin and Lawrence County. Beautiful country you all have down there.

I have worked in Louisville for the past 12 years and used to live in Pekin and drive 43 miles each way (glad I don't do that anymore with the gas prices) but do miss the 26 acre lake we used to live on. When kids came along we had to get closer to work.

You guys must be familiar with a small Navy installation called NSWC Crane? :D

Up until two years ago, when I left my previous employer, I got to spend a fair amount of time up there making stuff go BOOM!

Mark

Mossy535 said:

Up until two years ago, when I left my previous employer, I got to spend a fair amount of time up there making stuff go BOOM!

Mark

Heh, my dad's been working at Crane sine the early 80's and just recently retired from there and is now back working as a contractor for SAIC. Lives just up the road from Boggs, which is why I'm lookin for a tinboat. :mrgreen:

IndyArmyVet said:
Mossy535 said:

Mark

Heh, my dad's been working at Crane sine the early 80's and just recently retired from there and is now back working as a contractor for SAIC. Lives just up the road from Boggs, which is why I'm lookin for a tinboat. :mrgreen:

My wife had to Crane several times in high school for some type of service learning project. I haven't fished Boggs in several years, but used to quite often when I lived near Evansville. Caught several 5+ bass there.

Latest posts