humminbird 565

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly

Reaction score
time to upgrade to a decent FF, wanting to know if anyone uses this model. i now have that 90dollar eagle that is only good for depth and temp. i talked with the owner of one on another site and he is real happy with his 565, and says you can even see your jig with it. i really want one that can show me brush piles, bottom type, bait schools, and REAL fish. I've listened to the pros and cons about color and just don't see it being worth the extra expense. this seems to have what it takes to be worth the money, $200. what do you guys think.

I don't have one but I have heard good reviews of the 565.

I run an Eagle FishMark 320 on the front of mine with a cheaper unit on the console. I don't know if there is a better bang for the buck out there currently. It has the image quality of units costing twice as much. I can see my crappie jigs on it while spider rigging.

https://www.solunar.com/Eagle-FishMark-320-P1150.aspx

I would love to have a color unit but I don't want to pay the $100+ adder just for color.

how important is that dual beam that the 565 has, supposed to give you more detail i think. i've got 200 to spend, and dont mind spending that extra 50 bucks if it gives me a better unit.

Just depends on the depth of the water that you are fishing, really. The 60 degree cone would help out in shallower water because it would see a wider area. There is some cutoff there where it would be too much info and the 20 degree cone kicks in.

My cheaper Eagle unit on my console has a 60/20 transducer and I can't tell any difference between what it shows and what the bow mount is showing. Your current unit may have it as well. The 60/20 dual beam is pretty common now. Humminbird just uses it as one of their selling point features but most of them have it now.

I never thought I needed a color depth finder until I was on a boat that had one.
My eyes aren't what they used to be and I found that I could see his color unit from the passenger seat better than I could see my unit when I was driving.
With time and reading you can set the color unit up to see the grass beds and a rock the is in the middle of the grass bed.
This comes in handy when fishing deep weedlines and ledges

Wayne

redbug, can you give anymore detail on how to read a color FF? What do the different colors represent?

Does it actually help ID things, or is it just a preferance or something that makes the screen brighter?

I found a place with discontinued Garmin color units on sale cheap, and was wondering about them too, anyone ever used a 160c, 250c, or 320c from Garmin?

Latest posts