I sure as hell hope no one forgot what today is.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
If you did forget, don't post it here, where I can see it. You are better off me not knowing.

This is not something we should just "forgive and forget" as the old saying goes. Remember to show a bit of patriotism. God bless America.

For me it was the one of the best days of my life.

My son was born that day. Let me tell you what kind of day that was for me...happy, scared, sad, angry.

Even today I'm sad listening to the stories, and then I get angry. My son is 6 now so its a reminder for me big time.

I spent 6 years in the Army. I was 19 at the time....and it still feels like yesterday that that happened.

Oh man, I am sure that is tough, seeing as your son was born on it.

When it happened, I was in 3rd grade, and really wasn't old enough to understand what had happened. I just new the adults were not acting normal, so I did the same. As each year goes by, and I learn a little bit more, it both saddens me, and amazes me, at how many things went wrong, and how little efficiency there was in the rescue, and how many lives were lost by human error on the American side. We have since tied up a lot of loose rope ends, but it is still just disheartening, to hear some of the stories.

My original post and title was probably a little overboard. Sorry. If someone has a problem, I will change it, just PM me.

I joined the Marine Corps in 2002 after it all happened. So theres my Patriotism, Semper Fi.

Jim said:
For me it was the one of the best days of my life.

My son was born that day. Let me tell you what kind of day that was for me...happy, scared, sad, angry.

Even today I'm sad listening to the stories, and then I get angry. My son is 6 now so its a reminder for me big time.

Christopher Titus had a stand-up special on Comedy Central - in it he says his child was born 2 weeks before the towers fell. Before that, everything was great. Afterward, he tried to put the baby back in. That just made the mother mad.

Latest posts