Island Lake - Orangville Ontario

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cali27

Reaction score
Today was day 1 of a 2 day tourney. It is a biggest bass tourney measured by length. So basically catch 1 pig and win $2500.

My wife and I got on the water at about 8am and fished until 2pm. The amount of boats on this small reservoir was insane, everything from rentals to Skeeter's with 200s on them. As it was an electric only tourney and on a small body of water I was pretty confident I could find a good one. To bad I did not, we got 2 dinks and 1 that went 16 1/2 inches.

A little too much presure on the water for me today, I hate fishing 10ft away from other boats all day.

Overall it was exciting fishing for money for the first time and hopefully tomorrow I can get a big one.

After day 1
1st place 18 1/2 inches
2nd place 18 1/2 inches
3rd place 18 1/4

Here is some of the boat traffic
pudgertourney1stday006.jpg

pudgertourney1stday007.jpg

My wife and fishing partner
pudgertourney1stday008.jpg

Biggest of the day
pudgertourney1stday013.jpg

Heading to the measuring station to see where we are (testing out new livewell)
pudgertourney1stday011.jpg

Nice homes overlooking the lake
pudgertourney1stday016.jpg

pudgertourney1stday017.jpg

Someones fishing partner taking a dip
pudgertourney1stday019.jpg

pudgertourney1stday020.jpg

Nice report, atleast you got to spend some time on the water with your wife. Not to mention you weren't far off of the top bass. I would flip out if I had to fish that close to other anglers. I get pissed if there is one other boat fishing some of the lake I fish #-o All in all it looks like a great day on the water. I hope you found a super long skinny one today :lol: Good Luck

Day two brought another busy day on the water. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out a pattern today. Only managed 3 keepers with the biggest being 16 1/2 again!

1st place was 19 1/8th inches - $2500
2nd was 19 even - $1000
3rd was just under 19 - $500

It was a lot of fun and I cant wait to fish another tourney.

As far as why it goes by length and not weight, I really dont know.

Beautiful morning
tourneyday2001.jpg

best of the day
tourneyday2003.jpg

Nice fish.
They didn't add the lengths of each day?
I thought they might do it that way.

Zum said:
Nice fish.
They didn't add the lengths of each day?
I thought they might do it that way.

No, just your one best fish.

The rules were not my favorite, but loved the competition. I'm "hooked" on competitive fishing.

I like your idea of totaling the length for your best each day.

Latest posts