It's just about time for more mods!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingsnhammers

Reaction score
Well guys, I have come to the realization that it is about time to do a little more work on the boat. My first mod session involved a thorough going-over of the trailer and stripping and repainting the boat. I have used it several times now and have a good idea about what I want to do. I will go ahead and say that nothing will be groundbreaking, but it should make the boat much more useable and comfortable. I will be decking my little 14' AT and will incorporate storage to try to keep the boat as uncluttered as possible. I'm not sure if I will be able to swing some actual seats, but I have found that I can just sit on a cooler. :mrgreen:

The trailer will need to be modified as well. The boat doesn't sit correctly on it, the springs are way to soft, and it's a pain trying to load the boat on the trailer with no guides. Can't forget that all the tires are dry rotted and I am getting water in the hubs. Also, the trolling motor quit on me the other day. I'm not sure how far I will get with the money I have, but I need to get the trailer straightened out and a deck in the boat at the very least. I'm looking forward to it! I'm hoping to have a pretty good start in a few weeks or so.

Oh yeah, I think I finally found a name for the boat. It makes sense considering that it's also the name of my favorite bass lure. Buzzbait!

So, anyone else get the "mod" bug? I know most folks like to do their projects over the winter, but I just do them when I can. I will be sure to take pics from my old thread, "somethingorother v build," and post them in a new build thread. It just seems appropriate to start a new thread considering that I know what the boat is now and actually have a name for it!

Latest posts