Jet boat pictures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RPjet... Yup, I miss the RS of old, its supposed to be coming back, but is a S L O W process. Its been "coming soon" for months.

And yes, I had built a 1448 with a 25/20 jet, before I have the boat I have now.

And yes, I was SUPER bummed out when I had my first high speed impact. I was so bummed out, that I tore the rig apart, floor, carpet, decking etc. Had a guy build a "cradle" that was to the specs of my deadrise and press it back down into place with a full sized front end loader! Its like it (almost) never happened! AND was a valuable (and costly) lesson.

I would absolutely love to go out on your RP. Ive been on River Raves, James River Jets, Snyders, Blazers etc.... but never on a RP.

Im sure I will love it and it will be an experience, but at this point in my life, Im sure its way outta my price range too. With the economy the way it is, and I had been working two part time jobs, and then my wife and I had our first child. My pay(s) were barely enough to cover childcare, and we decided it was best for Konnor to have a parent give the child care. SO, as of right now, my title is "Mr. Mom". Although the pay is nothing, the reward is HUGE. :)

But enough of thats, lets fish the susky on that RP! PM incoming.

Those river pros look sweet! I haven't seen one on the water yet, but they look absolutely bulletproof.. Good to see some more susqy guys on the site

Here's mine as of last month, it's a bit of an ongoing project...

DSC01003.jpg

Jamie

Thats a neat looking rig. How do you have the bottom plate fixed to your pods i see the adjuster bolts on the rear?

red, they are held on in the front with 5mm panhead screws, the tabs are .125" metal doubled at the back with wings welded on. I wanted them adjustable to find the best angle, turns out it runs best with them up close to the hull. Before it would porpose bad with the pods. I may do something to make the tabs active so it'll stay on plane at slower speeds.

Jamie

A few shots of my boat:

From way out:
On The Flats.jpg

In this shot, I cut off the engine, and poled past the other boat in the photo, as the channel is only about 10-12 feet wide, if that. BTW, the other boat in the photo is the EXACT same model as my jetboat, a DuraCraft 1648, only difference is mine is a 1997 model, and the other one in the photo is a 1990 model.

Poling Through.JPG

Now that I've poled past the other boat, I'm cranked up, idling, about to hit the throttle:

Low Water Planing.JPG

Coming up on plane in about 1 foot of water:

Coming Up!.JPG

About 75 feet farther, I've planed out:

Back On Plane.JPG

Another shot taken back in January of 2008:
January 08.JPG

That's a detachable towing bitt on the stern. I have a few other accessories that fit the pintle mount, such as a ski pole, and a camera pole that I use for bird's eye views of areas in the marsh.

Oddly, I haven't taken any photos of my boat since I rebuilt it with the HO engine, I'll get some photos of it soon and post them.

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to Jet Boats. I've been hunting and fishing all my life and Ive owned a ton of tournament class glass boats but this is the first Jet! man I love this thing. Its nothing fancy but I have caught a bunch of fish out of it I would have never caught in my other boats! look forward to meeting every one! thanks,

2008 lowe 1652 DB 2008 Merc 90/65. Iv'e added two battery's and a 71 pound Motorguide and thats about all Ive done so far. Ive only had it out about 5 trips so far.

Attachments

• jet rig in the drive way.jpg
    jet rig in the drive way.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 2,437
Hey HoytHunter69.....welcome to TinBoats. Nice rig you have there.

Where you from? (Might want to add that to your profile too) :wink:

P4160070-esize.jpg

I'm new to the site and the forum. This is my Tracker 2000 Pro Team 185 Jet. Currently having some dents taken care of in the hull and Rock Proof installed. I know Tracker gets a bad rap sometime but this is the perfect boat for the kind of fishing I do. I wish they still made this model. Can't find one anywhere.
Chuck

Here are the pics of the damage and the repair.
https://www2.snapfish.com/comcast/t.../otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=COMCAST/

chabel said:
P4160070-esize.jpg

I'm new to the site and the forum. This is my Tracker 2000 Pro Team 185 Jet. Currently having some dents taken care of in the hull and Rock Proof installed. I know Tracker gets a bad rap sometime but this is the perfect boat for the kind of fishing I do. I wish they still made this model. Can't find one anywhere.
Chuck

Nice rig! whats Rock Proof ? I assume something to protect the hull ? how much? and who does it?

HoytHunter69 said:
chabel said:
P4160070-esize.jpg

Chuck

Nice rig! whats Rock Proof ? I assume something to protect the hull ? how much? and who does it?
HoytHunter69,
Thanks. I hope it will be healthy again soon.
Check here for pics of actual Rock Proof boats https://www.rockproofboats.com/

Rock Proof is a High Density polymer kinda like Teflon, that gets gluded and screwed to the bottom of your boat to protect it when you bounce over the rocks. In this area it can be done for about $2500. Contact Rock Proof for a supplier/installer in your area.

chabel said:
HoytHunter69 said:
chabel said:
P4160070-esize.jpg

Chuck

HoytHunter69,
Thanks. I hope it will be healthy again soon.
Check here for pics of actual Rock Proof boats https://www.rockproofboats.com/

Rock Proof is a High Density polymer kinda like Teflon, that gets gluded and screwed to the bottom of your boat to protect it when you bounce over the rocks. In this area it can be done for about $2500. Contact Rock Proof for a supplier/installer in your area.

Ok thanks, I'll check it out. maybe someone down here does it?

Yikes... Maybe I can help with the UHMW/Poly bottom stuff.

Rock Proof is the name of a small custom boat shop in Central PA, and not the name or process of adding UHMW to the bottom of boats.

UHMW stands for Ultra High Molecular Weight polyethylene and it comes in various sheet sizes in thicknesses of 3/4, ½ and 3/8 inch. Thinner thicknesses did not offer the impact resistance and require a different application process. For more product detail and specifications visit Crown Plastics.

Some UHMW jet boat history…

The process was started by Florida Air Boat guides that were wearing out the bottom of their 1/8th and 3/16th inch aluminum boat hulls. They were drilling about 500 holes and using SS screws that were counter sunk into UHMW and bolted the bottom of boats. In the mid 90’s Tom Snyder (Snyder Boats) started putting this on the Air Boats he built and then his Jet Boats. Around that time, he put UHMW on the bottom of the jet boat run by Brent Kauffman. A few years later Brent started his own company called Rock Proof Boats. He and Snyder we one of the first to apply the UHMW to their jet boats. Shortly after, other boat MFG’s jumped on board. I know there was at least 1 Inboard mfg that put them on their production boats in the 2005 time frame and around that time there was a technology for adding 1/8” without the use of hardware. The process was time, space and temperature prohibitive and made the process expensive at first. The 1/8” made the hulls slide off rocks nicely, but lacked the thickness to offer the impact protection bolted process did. James River Jets of VA offered this and it was a decent process. Some tried to double up the process by adding two 1/8” strips, but over time that proved to be a bonding mess for a number of boat owners.

UHMW is heavy, pricey and labor intensive (I've done this on 4-5 boats). It will cut down on the over speed and performance of a jet boat, but adds hull protection that can be a must have for certain areas of the country. It is not for every craft and the weight alone can significantly impact the planning performance on lower powered jet boat hulls.

OK--- Here's mine. Actually thought I posted pics months ago LOL

RiverPro LoPro
200HP Optimax
Dual Console
HD Skid Plate
HD Rock Grate