Lake Cahoon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavman138

Reaction score
My dad and I headed to Lake Cahoon in Suffolk, VA this morning hoping for a great day of fishing. Water temps were around 75 and we fished in water from 2 to 16 feet of water. We couldn't find a pattern. My dad landed the first fish on my boat and she was a chunky 3 and a half pounder on an old Devil's Horse. I followed about an hour or so later with a 2.1lber on a Bomber Fat Free Shad. I caught a nice size pike a little while later on one of the jig heads I got from Jim with a crazy legs chigger craw trailer. At least the skunk is off the boat. I am just thrilled that the skunk is off the boat. I am hoping to get back out tomorrow morning and see if I can catch some more. Sorry for the crappy pics, my girlfriend has my camera out in California.
Dad's fish.jpg
Lee's fish.jpg

Excellent catches.Cahoon is my favorite lake and I hope to be there tomorrow.I fished Western Branch last Friday and caught 4 largies and one pickerel.Its another excellent lake in Suffolk. =D>

[
batman said:
Excellent catches.Cahoon is my favorite lake and I hope to be there tomorrow.I fished Western Branch last Friday and caught 4 largies and one pickerel.Its another excellent lake in Suffolk. =D>

Today was only my second trip out on Cahoon and am going out again tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll see you out there.

Went back to Cahoon today for several hours with a college buddy. Water temps were up to 81-83 degrees, well that is what it was around 1 when my depth finder finally decided to come on. It was a pretty hot day with barely a breeze. I caught one dink and my buddy lost one and that was it. We fished a different part of the lake from yesterday. I am trying to get a feel for the lake, but I am still having a hard time finding a pattern. I'm sure it will come before too long. I caught the dink on a lizard and he lost his on a bomber square A. Still a great day to be on the water.

Latest posts