leaky boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h21ighlander

Reaction score
Looking for advice or guidance: Twelve foot Tracker jon boat; continuously allows water to seep through the drain hole/plug in the stern. I've tried several different styles and sizes of plugs, but still have the same problem. Any hints, ideas, fixes would be appreciated.

Make sure that drain hole is perfectly round and smooth, within reason. Verify no weld cracks at that area too. If that don't fix it, I would look somewhere else as the culprit.
Tim

earl60446 said:
Make sure that drain hole is perfectly round and smooth, within reason. Verify no weld cracks at that area too. If that don't fix it, I would look somewhere else as the culprit.
Tim

Thanks, Tim, I checked it, but probably not as thoroughly as I should have. Don't know where else it could be, as the rest of the boat is dry.

Good fishin'!

on my 1982 sears 12 foot jon my drain plug was ok but water leaked from the inside underneath the tube for the plug...so i thoguht it was the drain plug tube and hole itself but it was underneath so i used a pry bar and kind of lifted it up...i just used JB weld to patch it, pushed the tube back down into placed put the drain plug back in and it doesn't leak a drop

earl60446 said:
Tim

I have the same issue, but I know my hole is not perfectly round.

How can I make it round?

Explain "reamed" I guess

Latest posts